If you are planning a trip to Rwanda, you should know that you may have to apply for a visa in advance. The good news is, however, that Rwanda has an electronic visa system which allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to acquire a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a stress-free online application process. If you want to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Ukrainian citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Ukraine are given the possibility to apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
As you will see, the requirements for a Rwanda e-visa are not difficult to meet, and you may already have some of the necessary things. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
As long as you choose. That is because when you apply for a Rwanda e-visa with iVisa, you are given three processing time options for your application. That way, you can pick the one that is best for you.
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of your Rwanda visa is influenced by the processing time you choose for your application. Here are the prices:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
The service fees are already included.
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa covers Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Ukraine can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. As long as you have this document, you can enter Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well. It is incredibly convenient if you wish to visit all three states on one trip. But you should know that for this visa to be valid, you have to enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Besides what you are required to put together for a Rwanda visa, you need the following too:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time you choose for your application. iVisa gives you three options this time as well:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The validity of a Rwanda East Africa Visa is of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry per entry.