Are you planning a trip to Rwanda? Then do not forget to get your visa in advance. That is if you need one. However, since Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, all non-visa exempt nationalities can obtain a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can help with the application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, you should read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Uruguayan citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the nationals of Uruguay can apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
Before you go ahead and fill in the online application form, you should check whether or not you have everything necessary for the process. The list is not long, and chances are that you may already have some of the things you need. Here is what you must have at hand:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
Applying online for a Rwanda visa with iVisa means that you can choose the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you.
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of your Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time option you select. The prices for each one are as follows and already contain the service fees:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa ensures Single Entry, and you can stay in the country for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Uruguay qualify for a Rwanda East Africa visa as well. With this document, you do not have to obtain three separate travel documents if you plan to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda on one trip. The Rwanda East Africa visa will grant you entry in all three. However, for this visa to be valid, you must first use it to enter Rwanda.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to what you need for a Rwanda visa, the following are necessary as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Once again, the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa is influenced by your application’s processing time. You are given three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The validity of a Rwanda East Africa Visa is of 90 days after arrival after arrival. You are granted Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry per visit.