Planning a trip to Rwanda may take you some time and energy, but there is one thing you cannot forget about, and that is a visa. You may need one to cross the border. However, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and it allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply online for a visa. So, if you need a visa, iVisa can help you get it online. To read more about the electronic visa for Rwanda, please read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Vanuatuan citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, all nationalities qualify for a Rwanda e-visa, and the citizens of Vanuatu are no exception.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
The first thing you need to do before you access the application page is to ensure that you have everything necessary for the online application process. However, you do not need much. Only the following:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
As long as you decide. When you apply for a Rwanda visa with iVisa, you are given a chance to choose the processing time of your application. You get three options so that you can pick the one that is best for you.
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of your Rwanda visa is established by the processing time option you select for your application. The prices, which already include the service fees, are expressed below.
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa covers Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Vanuatu can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This document spares you the effort of applying for three separate visas when you wish to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda on one trip. Just keep in mind that this document is valid only if you use it to enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to what you put together for the Rwanda visa, you must have at hand the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa depends, once more, on the processing time you choose for your application. You are provided with three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It grants Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry per entry.