Planning a trip to Rwanda, among other things, entails a visa application process. Fortunately, in 2018, Rwanda adopted an electronic visa system which allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, your online application process will be smooth and stress-free. To find out more details about the Rwanda e-visa, we recommend that you read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a citizen of Vatican City, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Vatican City qualify for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
One of the first things you need to do when you decide to apply for a Rwanda visa is to check and see if you have everything necessary for the online application process. Fortunately, the list of requirements is not very long. You will need the following:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
It depends on what processing time you choose for your application. When you apply for a Rwanda visa with iVisa, you are given three options so that you can pick the one that serves you best.
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The amount you are charged for a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time you choose for your application. The prices can be found below and already include the service fees:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa covers Single Entry, and you are allowed to stay in the country for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Vatican City are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This document allows you to travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda without having to obtain three distinct visas. However, for this type of visa to be valid, you need to use it to enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to what is required for a Rwanda visa, you will need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time you pick for your application. iVisa gives you three options this time too:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry per entry.