Are you planning a trip to Rwanda for tourism purposes? Then you probably need to apply for a visa before departure. However, since Rwanda has an electronic visa system, it seems that all non-visa exempt nationalities can obtain a Rwanda visa online. iVisa ensures a stress-free application process so that you do not make too much of an effort. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, we suggest that you read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Vietnamese citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, just like all the other non-visa exempt nationalities, the citizens of Vietnam can apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
The Rwanda e-visa is not a demanding document to obtain, but you still need to make sure that you can fulfill the requirements. Even so, as you will see, you do not need anything out of the ordinary or that may be difficult to acquire. Only the following:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
You decide the timeframe in which your Rwanda visa is ready. iVisa gives you three options regarding the processing time of your application:
- Standard processing – 7 business days
- Rush processing – 2 business days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is determined by which option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. Therefore:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
The prices listed above already include the service fees.
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa ensures Single Entry, and you are allowed to stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Vietnam also have access to a Rwanda East Africa visa. With this document, you can visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda on one trip, without having to apply for three separate visas. However, you should keep in mind that this visa is not valid unless you use it to enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
You take the documents and information required for a Rwanda visa, to which you add the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time of your application. Once again, you have three choices:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot go beyond 90 days Per Entry per entry.