When you start planning your trip to Rwanda, one of the first things you need to deal with is the visa, provided that you need one in advance. Fortunately, Rwanda’s visa policy includes an electronic visa system which allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to obtain a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, the online application process will run smoothly and stress-free. You should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below if you wish to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Zambian citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, like all the other non-visa exempt nationalities, the citizens of Zambia have access to a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
As you will see, the requirements you have to meet for a Rwanda visa are nothing out of the ordinary. Plus, you may already have some of the necessary items. Here is what you must put together before you proceed to the application page:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
The timeframe in which you receive your Rwanda visa depends on which option you select when it comes to the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
He cost of a Rwanda visa is determined by your application’s processing time. The prices, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa allows Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for a period that cannot go beyond 90 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is also available for the citizens of Zambia. With this particular document, you can visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, all on one trip. That way, you are not obligated to acquire three different visas. Nonetheless, you should keep in mind that this type of visa is valid only if you use it to enter Rwanda first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Along with the documents and information required for a Rwanda visa, you need the following too:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Again, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is directly related to the processing time of your application. You get three choices this time as well:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The validity of a Rwanda East Africa Visa is of 90 days after arrival after arrival. You are granted Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry per entry.