Taking a trip to Rwanda takes a little bit of planning, but one of the things you need to take care of first is the visa. That is if you need one. The good news is, however, that Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018. Consequently, all non-visa exempt nationalities have access to a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a short and smooth application process. But first, you should learn more about the Rwanda e-visa. The answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below should provide the information you need.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Zimbabwean citizen, can I apply for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Zimbabwe can obtain a Rwanda e-visa.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
As you will notice, the requirements for a Rwanda visa are easy to acquire, and you may already have some of the necessary documents. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page
- Photo – as recent as possible and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – your Rwanda e-visa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
Your Rwanda visa arrives in the timeframe you agree on. When it comes to the processing time of your application, iVisa gives you three choices so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you:
- Standard processing – 7 days
- Rush processing – 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The amount you are charged for a your Rwanda visa is strictly related to the processing time you choose for your application. The prices already include the service fees and are listed below:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa grants Single Entry, and you are allowed to stay in Rwanda for up to 90 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Zimbabwe are also free to apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This document allows its holder to travel to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda without having to obtain three different visas. But you should know that this type of travel document is not valid unless you use it to cross the Rwandan border first.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
In addition to what is required for a Rwanda visa, you need the following documents as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the amount you are charged for your Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time of your application. You get three options this time around as well:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa is ready within 6 days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it
- Rush processing – your Rwanda East Africa Visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you must pay USD 100.00
What is the validity, number of entries, and duration of stay for a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry per entry.