Learn More: Passenger Locator Form
RWANDA IS OPEN: Rwanda re-opened for tourism on 1 August 2020.
The Rwanda Passenger Locator Form is an electronic travel permit that all visitors must have before entering Rwanda. The Government of Rwanda will use the information written in the form to contact you if you or someone you’ve been in contact with while traveling to Rwanda develops coronavirus symptoms.
WHO CAN ENTER RWANDA WITH THIS DOCUMENT?
Travelers aged 16 years and older are required to fill out the Rwanda Passenger Locator Form before arriving in the country.
GET THE RWANDA PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM
If you want to apply for the Rwanda Passenger Locator Form, you’ll have to give some basic information about your health status and your trip to this country. In order to get this form, you must also have a negative COVID-19 test certificate conducted within 72 hours before departure.
Check our application page to complete the Rwanda Passenger Locator Form.
DISPLAY THE FORM
After you finish the application request, we’ll send you the Rwanda Passenger Locator Form to your email before you start your trip. Please note that this form can only be submitted within 72 hours before your departure, but we can help you with the process so that you can have it ready in due time.
Check the FAQs below to view quarantine rules for Rwanda.
Required Documents to Apply
Negative pre-departure PCR COVID-19 test result
Proof of Accommodation (if applicable)
Medical proof of COVID-19 vaccination (if applicable)
All travelers above the age of 16 and traveling alone entering Rwanda must complete an individual form. Persons under 16 years old, traveling with a guardian/parent, may not need to complete their own form if: they arrive and leave together and stay in the same address. It DOES NOT replace a visa. If your country requires a visa, the immigration officers will ask for your Visa when you enter the country.
You can apply anytime, but remember we can only process your application no more than 72 hours prior to your arrival.
All travelers must have a negative COVID-19 test result conducted within 72 hours prior to departure for Rwanda. A second PCR COVID-19 test is conducted upon arrival and on day 3. Travelers must pay to quarantine in a designated hotel for 24 hours until a negative result from the test on arrival is received.
A proof of accommodation is required to obtain the travel document. The dates in this document MUST match the travel dates selected in the application. This is a requirement that is demanded by the government in order to issue the travel document.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Rwanda?
Do I need to take a PCR COVID-19 test before traveling to Rwanda?
- COVID test prior to arrival: PCR within 72 hours.
- COVID test after arrival: All travelers must undergo PCR testing on arrival and on day 3.
- COVID test exemptions: Children under 5.
Do I have to quarantine once I arrive in Rwanda?
- Quarantine requirements: 24 hours quarantine at the traveler's expense in a designated hotel until a negative result is obtained from the PCR on arrival
What’s the Rwanda Passenger Locator Form?
Is it mandatory to apply for the Rwanda Passenger Locator Form if I’m traveling to Rwanda?
Do children also need to complete the Rwanda Passenger Locator Form?
How much does the Rwanda Passenger Locator Form cost?
- Standard Processing Time: 24 hours - USD 20.00.
- Rush Processing Time: 8 hours - USD 35.00.
- Super Rush Processing Time: 4 hours - USD 60.00.
When should I apply for the Rwanda Passenger Locator Form?
How do I get the Rwanda Passenger Locator Form?
How long is the Rwanda Passenger Locator Form valid for and how many times can I apply for one?
Can I get the Rwanda Passenger Locator Form for free?
Can I send you a message if I have more questions?
Where can I read more about the Rwanda Passenger Locator Form?
Learn more about Rwanda tourism
Rwanda is a fertile and landlocked country often known as the land of a thousand hills. It has a dense population of 12.5 million inhabitants. It shares borders with the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Uganda, and Burundi. It has three official languages: Kinyarwanda, English, and French. Over the last decade, Rwanda has been able to sustain its economic growth rate while implementing crucial economic and structural reforms. The economic boom has also fostered its tourism industry, positioning Rwanda as a unique experience, thanks to its stunning scenery, warm and friendly people. Despite being a small country geographically, it is famous worldwide for its extraordinary biodiversity and wildlife living throughout its volcanoes, montane rainforest, sweeping plains, and all the options you can add to your itinerary on the trip.
The best place to start the Rwandan experience is in Kigali, the capital city situated in the center of the country, extending across numerous hills, ridges, and valleys. Tourists often spend just one night here before joining other adventures and do not get to know everything this city, with a vibrant restaurant and nightlife scene, has to offer. A list of activities to do are: enjoying local art at the Inema Art Center and Rwanda Art Museum, tasting the country’s premium coffee at a local coffee shop (Question Coffee Cafe is a famous place with a variety of espresso beverages, pour-over coffee, and caffeinated drinks infused with unexpected ingredients, like tree tomato), learning to bargain at the largest market in town, Kimironko Market, where you can buy souvenirs and typical clothes for the rest of your trip, immersing yourself in the country’s culture going to a basket-weaving workshop or a traditional cooking class at the Nyamirambo Women's Center, celebrating Rwandan’s culture with live music and dance performances, as well as meals made with nearly all local ingredients on a Culture Night, held every Friday at the Hôtel des Mille Collines. Finally, if you want a deeper understanding of the nation’s complex history along with its socio-economical and political context, visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial and the Camp Kigali Memorial, and be prepared for an emotional rollercoaster, where you will learn about the sad genocide.
After a fruitful stay in Kigali, it is time to start the wildlife adventure of a lifetime. The most notable starting point is gorilla trekking at The Volcanoes National Park. Be aware, this experience is expensive, but you will be supporting this species’ conservation and survival. The trekking quest tends to have between a four and eight hours duration. You will pass through bamboo forests, swampy lands, wild meadows, and finally, you will be guided to one of the habituated gorilla families and see their interactions with each other. Rwanda is one of the few places in the world where you can volcano hike over a weekend, so this can be a cheaper alternative at this park. One-day and multiple-day hikes are easy to organize all over the dormant volcanic peaks of Bisoke, Sabinyo, Gahinga, Muhabura, and Karisimbi.
For more outdoor adventures: experience the only canopy walk in East Africa at the Nyungwe Forest National Park, a ninety-minute hike from the Uwinka Visitor Center. You will get a gorgeous view of the treetops and mountains in the distance while stepping out across a 91-meter-long suspension bridge dangling more than 50 meters above the verdant rainforest. Bike the Congo Nile Trail, this line covers 227 km (141 miles) from Rubavu in the north to the Rusizi District in the south. It showcases some of Rwanda’s most spectacular landscapes, including coffee farms, tea plantations, and warm guesthouses. Go to Safari at the Akagera National Park, and have a chance to spot all of the Big Five animals, along with an abundance of birds and antelope.
As a final recommendation, before leaving the country and after all your hikes, safaris, and trails, you should relax and chill. The best place to do so is at Rwanda's largest lake or Lake Kivu. This emerald-green waterbody is an oasis at 2,700-square-kilometers, surrounded by misty mountains. It is also near to Rubavu, a resort town on the northern tip of Lake Kivu, with a lively waterfront, red sandy beach, and stunning resorts.
After being locked down for a while, Rwanda has reopened its tourism industry. All travelers wishing to visit the country must be aware that once they will arrive: 1) they have to deliver a Negative PCR COVID-19 test certificate dated 72 hours before departure 2) hold a completed Passenger Locator Form 3) they need to quarantine in designated hotels for COVID-19 test results, performed at the airport. For you, iVisa.com can help you by processing your Rwanda Passenger Locator Form. iVisa.com will not only save you energy and precious time; Our professional services led by our team of immigration experts will go through the entire process for you. This way, you will be free from any anxiety, your document will not have mistakes, and you will have the time to invest in planning a Rwandan adventure. Our prices are reasonable, and they depend on the processing time you choose to get your locator form.
For several years, we have processed +10000 travel documents (like visas and health declarations) and assisted thousands of happy and satisfied customers. To access our services, you must start the application process as soon as possible, or according to your trip itinerary: 1) access the application form available in our shielded platform 2) complete the form with your information, including a valid email address 3) upload a scanned copy of your passport and the other documents listed (All documents must show your information clearly) 4) Choose your preferred processing speed, and one of our online payment methods (PayPal, or a valid credit/debit card) 5) submit your form. In case we have a problem processing your travel document, we will contact you via email. Although, If you have any doubt about this procedure, our customer service agents are available 24/7. Feel free to reach out to them
Where can I read more?
- Rwanda Vaccine Requirements: Are they needed?
- Rwanda Covid-19 Restrictions
- How Can Citizens of the United States Enter Rwanda During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of Germany Enter Rwanda During Coronavirus?
- See how Citizens of the United Kingdom Can enter Rwanda during Coronavirus Pandemic
- How Can Citizens of Kenya Enter Rwanda during Coronavirus?
- HOW CAN CITIZENS OF NIGERIA ENTER RWANDA DURING CORONAVIRUS?
- HOW CAN CITIZENS OF CANADA ENTER RWANDA DURING CORONAVIRUS?
- HOW CAN CITIZENS OF SOUTH AFRICA ENTER RWANDA DURING CORONAVIRUS?
- SEE WHAT ARE THE RWANDA COVID TEST REQUIREMENTS
- TAKE A LOOK AT RWANDA PASSENGER LOCATOR EXAMPLE
- LEARN MORE ABOUT RWANDA PASSENGER LOCATOR INFORMATION
- Where can I get the Rwanda 14 day quarantine requirement?
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Afghanistan
- Rwanda entry requirements - do I need a vaccine for Yellow Fever?
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Bhutan
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Qatar
- How does a Rwanda visa look like?
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Israel
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Lesotho
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Nigeria
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Brunei Darussalam
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of South Africa
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Somalia
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Albania
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Canada
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Brazil
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Montenegro
- Rwanda Visa Policy
- Rwanda Conference E-Visa for Citizens of Russia
- Rwanda Conference E-Visa for Citizens of China
- Rwanda Conference Visa price
- Rwanda Conference Visa validity
- Rwanda Conference Visa processing time
- Rwanda Conference Visa requirements
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Malaysia
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Ethiopia
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Spain
- Rwanda visa for the citizens of Denmark
- Do the citizens of Rwanda visa-free countries need a passport?
- What are the Rwanda visa requirements?
- Is the Rwanda visa a multiple-entry visa?
- How much does a Rwanda visa cost?