Are you planning to go to Saudi Arabia for the Umrah pilgrimage? If you are a citizen of Canada and practice Islam, you will want to get a visa to enter the country. You are only allowed to use the Umrah visa outside of the Hajj season based on the Islamic lunar calendar.
Those who wish to go for Umrah can now get a visa online thanks to the government of Saudi Arabia’s attempt to boost tourism for religious reasons.
Questions and Answers | The e-Visa for Saudi Arabia (Umrah)
Am I allowed to go any time with an Umrah e-Visa?
The Umrah pilgrimage must be observed outside of the season of Hajj.
Hajj is recognized from the 8th to the 12th or 13th of Dhu al-Hijjah or the last month of the Islamic calendar. If you follow a Gregorian calendar, you can Google “Hajj 2020” or whichever year you want to travel, and it will tell you what the Gregorian dates are for the calendar.
How much does it cost to get an e-Visa?
You’ll pay for the visa and associated costs based on your selections:
- USD 173.00 for Standard processing.
- USD 198.00 total for Rush processing.
- USD 223.00 if you choose Super Rush processing.
What is the maximum number of times I can enter Saudi Arabia with an e-Visa?
An e-Visa for Saudi Arabia is a Multiple Entry visa.
Single-entry visas allow only one entry per visa. If you have a multiple-entry visa, you have unlimited entries into the country with your visa.
What’s the processing time for an Umrah e-Visa?
You can choose between three different processing speeds:
- Standard processing usually takes 5 days to look over and accept your e-Visa application.
- Rush processing will take 3 days for approval of your application.
- The Super Rush option will get the visa to you the fastest. You will have your visa within 24 hours.
What information do I provide to apply for the e-Visa and to get into Saudi Arabia?
Make sure all of your information is correct and up-to-date. To fill out an application for an Umrah e-Visa, you will need the following:
- Recent Passport Photo - A color photo is mandatory for many visas and must be a recent photo of you.
- Email Address - Once we process your application, we will send your e-Visa to your email address. Make sure your account is secure.
- Passport - For verification, we need a copy of the bio page in your government-issued passport. Your passport must have 6 or more months of validity remaining from the date you will arrive in Saudi Arabia. If not, your application will be rejected.
- Payment Method - We accept PayPal and most major credit cards.
How long do I have before my e-Visa no longer works?
The e-Visa for Saudi Arabia expires 1 year after issued.
So be sure to book your dates correctly for your Umrah.
With an e-Visa, how long can I stay in Saudi Arabia?
Your maximum stay will be 90 days in Total so execute your plan accordingly.
The Saudi Arabia e-Visa | Canada Umrah Muslim Citizens
No longer do you have to go to a consulate or embassy to get the Saudi Arabia visa. Instead, you can access the e-Visa application online from your smartphone, tablet, or computer wherever you have an internet connection.
Be safe and plan carefully. Assalam Alaykum.