Singapore visa types

Singapore visa types
iVisa | Updated on Jan 16, 2019

A trip to Singapore, regardless of its purpose, will most likely require you to obtain a visa before departure. The only exception includes the citizens of the 34 countries that are visa exempt. They can stay in Singapore for periods that vary from 30 to 90 days, depending on the country of origin. However, all the other nationalities need a visa to cross Singapore’s borders and stay. Even so, there is more than one type of visa for Singapore, and you must apply for the one that meets your purpose.

Singapore photo

Singapore tourist visa

As you can imagine, the most requested visa for Singapore is the one for tourism purposes. A lot of people visit the country every year, and most of them require a visa. As mentioned above, there is only one exception represented by the visa-exempt nationalities. All the rest of the tourists must apply for a visa. That can be achieved through one of the two ways. The first one is that you go to the nearest Singaporean embassy and submit an application there. The second entails that you are eligible for a Singapore e-visa. The latter can be obtained online, and iVisa can help you with that.

Employment Pass

Singapore has multiple visa types if you are looking to work inside the country. The Employment Pass is designed for skilled employees and company owners. To be eligible for this Singapore visa type, you must earn more than $3,600 per month. The document is valid for one or two years, but it can be extended for the entire period of your contract.

Entrepreneur Pass

This type of Singapore visa is a variation of the previous visa. It is meant for the owners of companies that are to be incorporated or are newly incorporated in Singapore. It is ideal if you want to relocate your company in Singapore. The document is issued for 1 year, but it can be extended for as long as your business remains viable.

Personalized Employment Pass

If you are not tied to a particular employer, you can apply for this type of Singapore visa. You can switch jobs as you like, but you cannot remain unemployed for more than 6 months. The visa is valid for 3 years, and it is not renewable.

The S Pass

The S Pass is meant for people that are mid-skilled who earn at least $2,200 per month. The document is issued for 1 to 2 years, but it can be renewed for as long as you are employed.

Miscellaneous Work Pass

If you do not fit into none of the categories above, you can apply for this type of Singapore visa. However, you should know that this document is issued only for short periods of time.

Dependent Pass

This type of Singapore visa is issued for spouses or children under the age of 21 of people who have an Employment Pass or and S Pass. However, if you want to obtain this document, you’re your spouse or parent who is in Singapore must have a fixed income of at least $6000.

Permanent Residence Visa

If you have a professional work pass, you are eligible for a Permanent Residence visa. That is if you want to reside in Singapore for a long period of time. However, there are some requirements you must meet, and you must follow the procedures. For more information, you can contact the Singaporean embassy.

As you can see, there are many Singapore visa types, and you must go through all of them to see which one fits your criteria. However, as long as you meet all the requirements, you should have a hassle-free application process.

Share this article on
Need Help?