Learn More: Schengen Visa
Required Documents to Apply
Slovenia is a country in the Julian Alps of Europe. It is a small country, but it controls some major transit routes in Europe. As a tourist, you can find plenty of things to do there. For one thing, as mentioned above, the Julian Alps are in Slovenia, which means you can engage in multiple mountain-related activities. In the summer, you can go hiking and mountain biking, while during the winter, you can go skiing. The mountains provide picturesque landscapes, and the resorts are well-equipped to give you the relaxing vacation you are looking for. Other than that, you will find caves in the southern region of Slovenia, and some of them have stalactites and stalagmites (Postojna). It is definitely something you should see.
But before you leave for Slovenia, you need to check whether or not you need a visa to cross its borders. Slovenia is a country both in the European Union and the Schengen Area, which means that all travelers must apply for a Schengen Visa. However, that is not the case if you travel from another EU state or an EEA (European Economic Area) country. EU and EEA citizens have the right to enjoy free movement within the Union. A visa-exemption is also given to people who travel from the countries that are in the visa waiver program (Annex II). However, this category of travelers can stay within the Schengen Area for up to 90 days. All the other nationalities must apply for a Schengen visa. One way to find out quickly in which category you belong is to use iVisa’s Visa Checker. This simple tool lets you know in seconds if you need a visa or not. All you have to do is access it, select your nationality from the drag-down menu on the left, and then choose Slovenia as your destination. The result will let you know what you need. Plus, if you do require a visa, you will be given a list of the nearest embassies where you can apply.
Unfortunately, iVisa cannot help you get your Schengen visa should you need one. Schengen visas are not available online. However, our free support service is at your disposal 24/7.
When it comes to Schengen visas, you should know that you have more than one option as far as the embassies are concerned. What does that mean? It means that a Schengen visa that you get at the embassy of a particular country grants you entry in all Schengen states. Even so, the Schengen visa policy is pretty strict about which embassy to choose for your application process. So, if you wish to visit Slovenia only, then naturally, you must get your visa from the Slovenian embassy. However, if you have multiple destinations in the Schengen Area, you must go and apply for your visa at the embassy of the country which is your primary destination. Lastly, if you cannot tell which one that is, you must pay a visit to the embassy of the country that you enter first.
iVisa cannot help you with your Schengen Visa for Slovenia, but we hope that you find the information above useful. For further information, do not hesitate to contact us or the issuing authority.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Slovenia ETIAS necessary for Citizens of Georgia?
- Here is everything that you should know regarding the Slovenia ETIAS for Citizens of Costa Rica
- Slovenia ETIAS for Citizens of Colombia: Everything You Need to Know
- Slovenia ETIAS for Citizens of Argentina: The Ultimate Guide
- Find out more about the Multiple Entry benefits with Slovenia ETIAS
- What is the Validity of the Slovenia ETIAS?
- What is the cost of the Slovenia ETIAS?
- Learn more about the Slovenia ETIAS Requirements
- How can you get the Slovenia ETIAS for citizens of Israel?
- Know more about the Slovenia ETIAS for citizens of El Salvador
- Crucial Information about the Slovenia ETIAS for Citizens of Mexico
- What should you know about the Slovenia ETIAS for citizens of Chile?
- Essential Details about the Slovenia ETIAS for citizens of Guatemala
- How can you obtain the Slovenia ETIAS for citizens of Brazil?
- What should you know about the Slovenia ETIAS for citizens of Australia?
- How to attain the Slovenia ETIAS for citizens of Ukraine?
- How can I attain the Slovenia Etias for citizens of Canada?
- Get to know about the Slovenia ETIAS for the citizens of United States of America