We are sure that exploring Sri Lanka is a fantastic experience. Don’t miss the opportunity to pass by the Sigiriya Fortress, the most popular tourist attraction in Sri Lanka. This historical site dates back to the 5th century, and you can explore the palace and its famous frescos. iVisa.com can help you with the entry requirements for Sri Lanka.
As we are sure you want a smooth entry, we don’t recommend waiting until you arrive at Colombo Airport to check whether you need a visa or not. According to your nationality, you could be eligible to apply for a Sri Lanka ETA. Don’t worry! Because iVisa.com has the simplicity, speed, and security to help you!
In case you’re asking yourself: Can I get a Sri Lank transit visa at Colombo Airport? Then continue exploring the following lines.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Sri Lanka ETA?
ETA means Electronic Travel Authority. Since 2012, Sri Lanka authorities implemented this electronic system to issue the Sri Lanka ETA for almost all nationalities in the world. According to the purpose of your trip, you can choose between:
- Sri Lanka Tourist ETA
- Sri Lanka Business ETA
Travelers only need to connect to the Internet and spend a few minutes completing an electronic form to get the Sri Lanka ETA.
What is the validity of the Sri Lanka ETA?
According to the type of travel document you need for Sri Lanka, you have different validity options:
Sri Lanka Tourist ETA is valid for 180 days after issued and allows a Double Entry. Travelers can stay a maximum of 30 days in Total in Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka Business ETA is valid for 90 days after issued and gives you a Double Entry to Sri Lanka. Also, you can stay up to 30 days in Total in the country.
Let iVisa.com help you with the question: Can I get a Sri Lanka transit visa at Colombo Airport?
What are the requirements?
Answer all the questions in the electronic form with personal information. Make sure to have the following:
- A passport scan, your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after arrival.
- A valid email address.
- Payment methods, pay with a credit/debit card or use a Paypal account.
Go to the application page now so you can answer the question: Can I get a Sri Lanka transit visa at Colombo Airport?
What are the processing times and fees?
In the case of the Sri Lanka Tourist ETA, you have the next options:
- Standard processing service, in 5 days and a fee of USD 55.00, the Sri Lanka ETA can be yours.
- Rush processing service, receive the travel document in just 3 days for a USD 85.00 fee.
- Super Rush processing service, if you are in a hurry, then only wait 2 days by paying USD 100.00.
If you are choosing the Sri Lanka Business ETA, these are the alternatives:
- Standard processing service, wait for 24 hours for your travel document if you pay USD 72.00.
- Rush processing service, receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 4 hours for a USD 102.00 fee.
- Super Rush processing service, in case you want to wait the minimum time. Then in 30 minutes and payment of USD 117.00, the travel document will arrive at your email inbox.
What is the process?
- Complete the online form and pick a processing time (Standard, Rush, or Super Rush).
- Review your information and pay with a credit/debit card or a Paypal account.
- Attach any supporting documents, if applicable.
Do you have any doubts? Get in touch with our support agents who can answer your question: Can I get a Sri Lanka transit visa at Colombo Airport?
How will I receive my travel document?
Electronically! Expect the Sri Lanka ETA to arrive in your email inbox. We will send it as soon as we process your application.
How safe is iVisa.com?
Incredibly safe! iVisa.com has the right expertise to help you with any travel requirement. We can assure you that safety is a top priority for all our services.
Who should I contact if I have more questions?
Get in touch with our customer service agents who are available 24/7. We are ready for all your questions, like Can I get a Sri Lanka transit visa at Colombo Airport?
Also, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.