As an Iranian citizen, if you decide to travel to Sri Lanka for business or tourism purposes, know that you do not have to apply for a consular visa. Instead, you are eligible for an ETA, which means that you can obtain a Sri Lanka visa online. iVisa can help with the application process so that you can have your travel document in just half an hour.
Sri Lanka Visa for Iranian citizens – the requirements
The very first thing you need to make sure of is that you are able to meet the requirements. Fortunately, you will not struggle to put it all together. Here is what you will need for the online application process:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Sri Lanka visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, the visa policy of Sri Lanka requires that the passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival.
- Digital passport photo – for a valid passport photo, you need to make sure that the picture is taken in the past 6 months and follows all the other guidelines.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the ETA will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. The address you provide must be valid, and you need to have access to it. Remember to print out the document before departure or make sure that you have a digital copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – as far as paying for services goes, iVisa is flexible. You can make the payment using a credit or a debit card, but you are also free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most comfortable for you.
Sri Lanka Visa for Iranian citizens – the online application form
Once you have everything necessary, you can proceed to fill in the application form. You should spend about 20 minutes completing this task, but keep in mind that iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge if you need any help.
You will notice that the form created by iVisa happens in three phases. The first phase asks for general information about yourself and your trip, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application and a visa type. The cost of your Sri Lanka visa is determined by your choices. As far as the processing time is concerned, you are given three options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 24 hours, and you only have to pay $57.
- Rush processing – for somewhat faster processing, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 6 hours, and the fee is $87.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your ETA as soon as possible, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 30 minutes. The fee, however, is $107.
As far as the visa type goes, you also have the option of applying for a Sri Lanka Business ETA if your trip is for business purposes. The fees differ, though. This visa will cost you an additional $13 for each processing time.
The second phase is reserved for payment and review. You need to ensure that all the information you provide is 100% accurate so that you do not end up with an invalid visa. And finally, the third phase requires you to upload a few necessary documents. After you do everything you are asked, you can submit your application and iVisa will take care of the rest.
As you can see, Iranian citizens do not have to struggle to obtain a Sri Lanka visa. iVisa makes things easier for you. The document you get is valid for 90 days, you have two entries, and you are allowed to stay in Sri Lanka for no more than 30 days per entry.