Sri Lanka visa for North Korean

Sri Lanka visa for North Korean
iVisa | Updated on Nov 02, 2018

There are 21 countries whose citizens require a consular visa and 3 visa-exempt nationalities. North Korean who plans to visit Sri Lanka must apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization, ETA for short. The Visa Checker tool on iVisa’s website can be utilized to find out which nationality requires a consular visa. iVisa can help you acquire the ETA in as quick as30 minutes with little cost and effort that you need to make.

Sri Lanka

What documents you need?

To get an ETA, North Korean needs to provide some information so that iVisa can a work out the bureaucracy part. No need to worry as it just a shortlist and you should have any trouble with collecting everything. Below is what you need to produce:

  • Passport – if you already are a passport holder, make sure that the document is still valid and will remain so for at least another 6 months from your date of departure. Failure to comply leads to a rejected application.

  • E-mail address – you will receive your ETA via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out and show it at the immigration office in Sri Lanka. Make sure the spelling is correct before you submit your application.

  • Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use either a credit/debit card or a Paypal account if you have one.

  • Return or onward flight ticket – this requirement applies only to citizens of Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, and Syria who travel or transit Sri Lanka.

The application process for North Korean

The application form is divided into two simple steps. The first one will ask you to input your personal information like name, address, passport info, e-mail, and so on. You also must choose the type of ETA you need, tourist or business, and the processing time. As for the last, iVisa comes with three convenient choices that cater to all needs and pockets of North Korean. They are as follows:

  • Standard processing – you need to pay only $55 if you choose this option like most people do. Your application will be processed within just one business day.

  • Rush processing – you can apply for this option if you have to take your flight in the afternoon. It takes just 3 hours for your application to be processed, and you will be charged $85 for your ETA.

  • Super Rush processing – this option is ideal for people who need their ETA on the spot. Your travel document will be ready within just 30 minutes. However, the price is as high as $105.

The fees mentioned are only for tourist ETAs. North Korean needs to apply for a business ETA if they will visit Sri Lanka for business purposes. The processing time remains the same; you will just have to $5 more for each processing time.

The second step of the application process consists of payment and revision. Payment can be done using credit/debit card or PayPal. Placing importance to the review part, make sure that all the information you provide is 100% correct. Mistakes are sometimes unavoidable during the application process so North Korean should double-check everything, especially the spellings. It is impossible make any corrections after your application is processed so you need to repeat the process. Also, you need to pay again since iVisa has a no-refund policy after the issue of the ETA. For this application, it is important to double-check everything before submitting.

You have 6 months to use the ETA since it is valid for 180 days after issue. North Korean can stay in Sri Lanka for maximum 30 days. The tourist ETA allows two entries, while the business ETA offers multiple entries.

As you noticed, getting an ETA for Sri Lanka can’t get easier than this. The electronic system is user-friendly, and the officials in Sri Lanka actually advice that North Korean use it in order to avoid any delays at the points of entry in the country. But then again, would you rather stand in a long line and waste time than 10 minutes for an online application?

Share this article on
Need Help?