In case you're a Portuguese citizen, you don't require a consular visa to travel to Sri Lanka in case you opt for business or tourism. Alternatively, you can apply for a Sri Lanka ETA online. Using our services, you can get this ETA in as little as 2 days.
In this informative article, you'll learn more information about the Sri Lanka ETA and how to apply for it and what prerequisites you need.
Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs
I have a Portuguese passport, do I require a visa to travel to Sri Lanka?
How many types of Sri Lanka ETAs are there?
There are only two kinds of ETAs:
This article has more info about the Tourist ETA, nevertheless, enter on this page and read all the types of visas that we have.
What is a Sri Lanka Tourist ETA?
It is a document that permits you to enter Sri Lanka for tourism purposes.
How long can Portuguese visitors stay in Sri Lanka using a Tourist ETA?
Portuguese citizens can enter the country for 30 days in Total. This ETA allows Double Entry.
What documents do I need to apply?
You cannot apply for a Sri Lanka visa unless you meet all the requisites. However, you shouldn't find this task too difficult because the list isn't extensive, and the things on it are easy to acquire. Here's what you will need for the online application process:
- Valid passport – you need to get a passport to travel to this country. In addition, the visa policy of Sri Lanka requires that the passport keeps its validity for at least 6 months from your arrival date in Sri Lanka.
- Email address – your ETA will arrive by e-mail in PDF format, so the address you offer has to be valid. Don't forget to print out the document prior to departure. You can also have a digital copy on your device.
- Payment Choices – iVisa is very flexible with payment since you can pay for this service with more than one option. You can use a credit or a debit card, and you're also free to use PayPal.
How long is the Sri Lanka Tourist ETA valid?
The Sri Lanka Tourist ETA is valid for 180 days after issued.
What are the processing times and costs for this particular document?
iVisa offers you three choices to select the one that best fits your needs. Here's what you need to select:
- Standard processing – many people go for this option since it is the least expensive. You get your Sri Lanka ETA in 5 days, and you only pay USD 55.00 (service fees included).
- Rush processing – for a quicker processing time, you can select this option. Your application will be ready in 3 days, and the price is USD 85.00 (service fees included).
- Super Rush processing – In case you need your ETA as fast as possible, you can select this option and get your application ready in 2 days. The total price for it is USD 100.00 (service fees included).
How long does it take to apply for an ETA?
You'll need less than 20 minutes to fill in the online form.
How can I apply?
This online form is divided into three steps:
The first one asks you to give your personal details. You need to choose the processing period for your application.
The second step requires you to insert your payment information, and you also have to ensure that your form doesn't have the wrong details. A simple review can be useful.
And lastly, the third step asks you to incorporate some necessary documents that support your application. After you're done, submit your form and iVisa will take care of the rest.
Click here if you're ready to start your application form.
What happens once I have applied?
Once you complete the online form, you will get the ETA via e-mail. You don't need to deal with the embassy. In iVisa we do it for you, so you don't waste time.
Do I need to get separate Tourist ETAs for my children?
If your kids are under 12 years old, they're exempt from paying a Sri Lanka ETA.
What can I do if I make an error in my application?
If you made a mistake when entering your data online then please contact our customer service center as fast as possible through online chat to assist you.
If we already submitted your request, then you can NOT make any modifications and you will have to apply again.
How does the Sri Lanka ETA look like?
Is it safe to use iVisa to obtain my Tourist ETA?
A lot of people think that giving online information is hazardous. It may be true, however that's not the case with our services. We offer maximum security for your data and we invest a lot in the database's safety. Your personal information couldn't be more protected. You can read what thousands of happy clients say about us here.