According to Sri Lanka’s visa policy, as a Portuguese citizen, you do not need a consular visa when traveling to Sri Lanka for business or pleasure. Instead, you are eligible for the electronic travel authorization, which basically means that you are given the possibility to obtain a Sri Lanka visa online. With iVisa, that can happen in as little as half an hour.
Sri Lanka Visa for Portuguese citizens – the requirements
You cannot apply for a Sri Lanka visa unless you meet all the requirements. However, you should not find this task too difficult because the list is not extensive, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need for the online application process:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Sri Lanka visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, the visa policy of Sri Lanka requires that the passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival.
- Digital passport photo – for a valid passport photo, you need to make sure that the picture is taken in the past 6 months and follows all the other guidelines.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the ETA will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. The address you provide must be valid, and you need to have access to it. Remember to print out the document before departure or make sure that you have a digital copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – as far as paying for services goes, iVisa is flexible. You can make the payment using a credit or a debit card, but you are also free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most comfortable for you.
Sri Lanka Visa for Portuguese citizens – the online application form After all the requirements are met, all that is left for you to do is to fill in an online application form. You should be done with it in no more than 20 minutes, but if you need assistance, iVisa’s customer support can help you out. The service is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form you are given to fill in is divided into three steps. The first one focuses on general information, the processing time for your application, and visa type. As for the last two, keep in mind that the choices you make will determine how much money you spend on your Sri Lanka visa. Regarding the processing time, iVisa gives you three choices. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 24 hours, and you only have to pay $57.
- Rush processing – for somewhat faster processing, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 6 hours, and the fee is $87.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your ETA as soon as possible, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 30 minutes. The fee, however, is $107.
As far as the visa type is concerned, you also have the option of applying for a Sri Lanka Business ETA if your trip is for business purposes. The fees differ, though. This visa will cost you an additional $13 for each processing time.
The second step wants you to insert your payment details, but you also have to make sure that your form does not contain erred information. A simple review will meet that purpose. And finally, the third step wants you to upload a few necessary documents that support your application. After you are done, you can hit the submit button, and iVisa will take care of the rest. All you can do is wait.
What is important to remember is that the online process of obtaining a Sri Lanka Visa for Portuguese citizens could not be any easier. The Sri Lanka ETA remains valid for 90 days since the date of issuance, it grants a double entry, and it allows you to stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days per visit.