Russian citizens are given the possibility to apply online for a Sri Lanka visa. As a Russian national, you are eligible for an electronic travel authorization, which means that you can avoid an embassy altogether. iVisa can help you go through the online application process, at the end of which you can receive your travel document quite fast.
If you want to know what are the requirements, the prices and also other important things to consider before applying, then we invite you to keep reading this article.
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm a Russian Passport Holder, do I need a visa to enter Sri Lanka?
Yes, you need a visa to enter Sri Lanka, which is better known as an ETA.
What is a Sri Lankan ETA?
It is a special authorization that allows you to travel to this country.
How Long can Russian Citizens Remain in Sri Lanka with the ETA?
Visitors from Russia can stay in Sri Lanka for 30 days Per Entry. Consider that during this time you shouldn't get paid work or any employment, and all visits are limited only to tourism, or business in case you apply for a business e-Visa.
How many entries am I allowed to have with my Russian passport?
You can have a Double Entry visa. This means you can enter the country twice.
What are the requirements?
You do not have to concern yourself too much about the requirements because there are not many of them, and chances are that you already have some of the things that are necessary. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can also use a PayPal account.
What are the processing times and fees?
How much money you spend on your Sri Lanka visa depends on the processing timeframe you choose for your application, as well as the visa type you need for your trip. As for the former, iVisa gives you three options so that you can select the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – There are many people who always go with this option because it is the cheapest of the three. You can get your Sri Lanka ETA in only 24 hours, and you only have to pay USD 20.00.
- Rush processing – for a faster processing, you can select this option. Your application is processed within 4 hours, and the fee is USD 50.00.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your ETA as fast as possible, you can select this option and have your application processed within 30 minutes. The fee, however, is USD 70.00.
As far as the visa type, you also can select the option of applying for a Sri Lanka Business ETA if your trip is just made for business purposes. The fees differ, though. This visa will cost you an additional $13 for each processing time.
How much time do I need to apply?
Your just need arround 15 or 20 minutes and you're done.
How do I apply?
In order to know what to expect when you access the application page, we will offer a short description of the application form. However, feel free to contact iVisa’s customer support should you need some help or have questions regarding the process. The service is at your disposal 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form you have to fill in is broken down into three steps:
The first one asks for your personal information, and this is also the moment when you need to make up your mind about the visa type and the processing time option for your application.
The second step consists of payment and revision with a lot of precision so you can avoid any mistake.
With the third step you just have to upload the documents that support your application. After all the steps are complete, you can submit your request, and iVisa will take it from there.
What happens once I complete the application form?
Once you complete the 3-step process, you'll get the ETA via e-mail. You don't need to get any trip to an embassy. We do it for you so you can save a lot of time. The next thing you have to do is to print your Tourist ETA and take it with you once you enter Sri Lanka, but this is not extremely necessary since you already have linked your ETA to your passport, it's just a recommendation.
Do I need to get a Tourist e-Visa for my kids too?
If your children are younger than 12 years old, then you don't have to apply for it. Kids that are 12 years old are exempt from paying the Sri Lankan ETA.
Can I apply for friends or family?
You can apply to friends or family fi you want. But remember that to do that you have to get in hand all of the required documents (you can check them above).
If you are applying just for one person, you can do it here introducing their personal information. On the other hand, if you need to apply for more than one single person, you can do it by clicking on ‘Add new applicant’ in the application form.
How will I realize if my Tourist ETA is already pproved?
We will let you know by e-mail whenever this is possible after the Sri Lanka Government approves the visa.
Is it ok to use iVisa's services to get this ETA?
We work with a skillful and professional team that's been issuing official e-Visas since 2013. Many travelers fear their personal information getting leaked, but with our services, that's not something to be afraid of.
We provide maximum safety for your personal information, and we also invest a lot in security. Your personal information couldn't be safer. You can check what many happy customers say about us, proving that we offer just the best.
I have more questions, where can I find more info?
The point is that the process of getting a Sri Lanka Visa for Russian citizens is easy when you apply online with iVisa. The ETA you are sent is valid for 90 days since the date of issuance, you can use it for two entries, and you are allowed to stay in Sri Lanka for a whole month, so you better take advantage of this online permission!