Russian citizens are given the possibility to apply online for a Sri Lanka visa. As a Russian national, you are eligible for an electronic travel authorization, which means that you can avoid an embassy altogether. iVisa can help you go through the online application process, at the end of which you can receive your travel document in as little as 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for Russian citizens – the requirements
You do not have to concern yourself too much about the requirements because there are not many of them, and chances are that you already have some of the things that are necessary. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Sri Lanka Visa for Russian citizens – processing time and fees
How much money you spend on your Sri Lanka visa depends on the processing timeframe you choose for your application, as well as the visa type you need for your trip. As for the former, iVisa gives you three options so that you can select the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. And the slowest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $57.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 6 hours since submission, but the fee hoes a bit higher. You will pay $87.
- Super Rush processing – while this is the most expensive option, it is also the fastest. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you have to pay $107 for the urgency.
Traveling for business purposes means that you need a Sri Lanka Business ETA. The fees are a bit different. You will be charged $70, $100, and $120 respectively for each processing time.
The online application form
In order to know what to expect when you access the application page, we will offer a short description of the application form. However, feel free to contact iVisa’s customer support should you need some help or have questions regarding the process. The service is at your disposal 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form you have to fill in is broken down into three steps. The first one asks for your personal information, and this is also the moment when you need to make up your mind about the visa type and the processing time option for your application. The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third requires you to upload the documents that support your application. After all steps are complete, you can submit your request, and iVisa will take it from there.
The point is that the process of getting a Sri Lanka Visa for Russian citizens is easy when you apply online with iVisa. The ETA you are sent is valid for 90 days since the date of issuance, you can use it for two entries, and you are allowed to stay in Sri Lanka for no more than 30 days per visit.