As a South Korean citizen, whenever you travel to Sri Lanka for tourism or business purposes, you do not have to go to the nearest Sri Lankan consulate to get a visa. Instead, you are eligible for an Electronic Travel Authorization, which means that you can apply online for a Sri Lanka visa. iVisa can help you get the document in as little as half an hour.
Sri Lanka Visa for South Korean citizens – the requirements
One of the first things you have to do is to make sure that you can provide iVisa with everything necessary to get the process started. Fortunately, the online application process is not as demanding as the one at the embassy. You only need the following:
- Passport – to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Sri Lanka Visa for South Korean citizens – the online application form
When you consider yourself ready, you can move forward with the process and fill in the application form. The task at hand is not at all challenging, but if you experience difficulties, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer service. It is available non-stop and entirely free of charge.
The form you have to fill in consists of three simple steps. Step number one wants you to provide your personal information, as well as passport info and travel details. You also have to select a visa type and a processing timeframe for your application, which will determine the cost of your Sri Lanka visa. When it comes to processing, iVisa came up with three options:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. And the slowest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $57.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 6 hours since submission, but the fee hoes a bit higher. You will pay $87.
- Super Rush processing – while this is the most expensive option, it is also the fastest. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you have to pay $107 for the urgency.
In case you travel for business purposes, you need a Sri Lanka Business ETA. The fees are a bit different. You will be charged $70, $100, and $120 respectively for each processing time.
Step number two wants you to make the payment and review your form to make sure it does not contain inaccurate information, while the third requires you to provide iVisa with the necessary documents that support your application. You have to upload them. When you are finished, you can submit your form, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
What is important to remember from all this is that the online process of acquiring a Sri Lanka Visa for South Korean citizens is not at all complicated. The document you receive remains valid for 90 days since the date of issue, you can use it to enter Sri Lanka twice and you can stay there for up to 30 days per entry.