As an Austrian citizen, when you travel to Sri Lanka for tourism or business purposes, you are not required to pay a visit to the nearest embassy to get a visa. Instead, you are eligible for an Electronic Travel Authorization. With iVisa, you can apply online for an ETA, and get it approved in as little as 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Austria – requirements
The first thing you have to do before you fill in the application is to make sure that you have everything necessary for the online process. But as you will see, the list is rather short, and the items on it are effortless to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Austria – processing time and fees
The cost of your Sri Lanka visa depends on which processing time option you select for your application. iVisa provides you with three choices so that you can opt for the one that best suits your needs. As you can imagine, the sooner you want your travel document, the more money you will spend. Here is what you can go for:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. And the slowest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $57.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 6 hours since submission, but the fee hoes a bit higher. You will pay $87.
- Super Rush processing – while this is the most expensive option, it is also the fastest. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you have to pay $107 for the urgency.
In case you travel for business purposes, you need a Sri Lanka Business ETA. The fees are a bit different. You will be charged $70, $100, and $120 respectively for each processing time.
The online application form
After you gather all the items on the list above, you are free to access the application page and fill in the form. That should not prove difficult for you, but keep in mind that iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 should you need assistance. The service can be reached via online chat or phone at no charge.
The form you are asked to fill in consists of three easy steps. The first one requires you to provide your personal information, passport info, as well as a few details about your trip. This is also the moment when you have to select a processing time option for your application. The second step wants you to handle the payment and carefully review your form to make sure it does not contain inaccurate information, while the third focuses on supporting documents. iVisa will give you instructions on how to upload them. After you do everything you are supposed to, you can submit your application and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that the process of obtaining a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Austria involves minimal effort on your behalf. The document is valid for 90 days since issue, it grants two entries, and you can stay in Sri Lanka for no more than 30 days per visit.