Like many other nationalities, the citizens of Bahamas do not need a consular visa when traveling to Sri Lanka for tourism or business purposes. As a Bahamian national, you qualify for an electronic travel authorization, which means that you can apply for a Sri Lanka visa online. If you use the services provided by iVisa, your travel document can be in your e-mail inbox in as little as 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bahamas – the requirements
When it comes to requirements, the online application process does not disappoint. You do not need much, and the necessary documents and pieces of information are either already in your possession, or easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bahamas – the online application form
After you gather everything necessary, you can access the application page. There, you will find the application form you have to fill in. You should not spend more than 20 minutes on it because it is short and simple, but iVisa puts at your disposal its customer support just in case you need some help. The service is available non-stop and entirely free of charge.
The form created by iVisa consists of three steps. The first one wants you to give your personal information, as well as a few other details about your trip and your passport. This is also the point at which you must make a choice regarding the processing time for your application and the visa type. Keep in mind that both factors affect the cost of your Sri Lanka visa. As for the former, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. And the slowest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $57.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 6 hours since submission, but the fee hoes a bit higher. You will pay $87.
- Super Rush processing – while this is the most expensive option, it is also the fastest. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you have to pay $107 for the urgency.
The Sri Lanka Business ETA enjoys the same options when it comes to processing time, but it costs an additional $13 for each option.
Step number two wants you to make the payment and review your form to make sure it does not include any errors, while the third requires you to provide iVisa with some documents. You will be given instruction on what and how to upload. As soon as you are done, you can hit the submit button, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
The bottom line is that the online process of acquiring a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bahamas is incredibly convenient when you apply with iVisa. The ETA is valid for 90 days since issuance, it allows a double entry, and you can stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days per entry.