The citizens of Bahrain, same as many other nationalities, do not have to obtain a consular visa when visiting Sri Lanka for tourism or business purposes. That is because you are eligible for an ETA, which means that you can apply for a Sri Lanka visa online. iVisa offers its services so that you can get your travel document in just 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bahrain – the requirements
You do not have to worry about not fulfilling the requirements because there are not many of them, and the ones that are on the list are easy to meet. For a successful application process, you will need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Sri Lanka visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, the visa policy of Sri Lanka requires that the passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival.
- Digital passport photo – for a valid passport photo, you need to make sure that the picture is taken in the past 6 months and follows all the other guidelines.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the ETA will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. The address you provide must be valid, and you need to have access to it. Remember to print out the document before departure or make sure that you have a digital copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – as far as paying for services goes, iVisa is flexible. You can make the payment using a credit or a debit card, but you are also free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most comfortable for you.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bahrain – the online application form
After you gather all of the above, you are free to fill in the application form. That should not take you more than 20 minutes, but if you need help, iVisa’s customer support is available non-stop and free of charge.
The form you are given to complete consists of three simple steps. The first one focuses on basic information, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application, as well as a visa type. Remember that your choices dictate the cost of your Sri Lanka visa. As far as processing is concerned, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 24 hours, and you only have to pay $57.
- Rush processing – for somewhat faster processing, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 6 hours, and the fee is $87.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your ETA as soon as possible, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 30 minutes. The fee, however, is $107.
As for the visa type, you also have the option of applying for a Sri Lanka Business ETA if your trip is for business purposes. The fees differ, however. This visa will cost you an additional $13 for each processing time.
Step number two requires you to handle the payment and review your form to search for possible mistakes, while the third asks that you upload a few documents that support your application. When you are done, submit your request, and iVisa will deliver the ETA in the timeframe you agreed on.
The bottom line is that the process of acquiring a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bahrain involves little effort. The document you receive is valid for 90 days since issue, it grants you two entries in Sri Lanka, and your stay cannot exceed 30 days per visit.