Canadian citizens, along with many other nationalities, have the opportunity to avoid an embassy when traveling to Sri Lanka for business or tourism purposes. An ETA is available, and as a Canadian, you are eligible for it. As a result, you can apply for a Sri Lanka visa online, and iVisa can help you get it in just half an hour.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Canada – the requirements
First things first, you need to make sure that you can put together everything necessary for the online application process. However, that should not be challenging since the requirements are easy to meet. You will need the following:
- Passport – to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Canada – the online application form
After you notice that you have at your disposal everything that you need, you can move on and fill in the application form. That should not take you more than 20 minutes but bear in mind that Visa provides customer support 4/7 at no charge. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need some help.
As soon as you access the application page, you will see that the application form is divided into three parts. The first one focuses on general information, but you also need to choose a processing time for your application and a visa type, depending on your needs. Just keep in mind that your choices determine the cost of your Sri Lanka visa. Regarding the processing time, you can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. And the slowest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $57.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 6 hours since submission, but the fee hoes a bit higher. You will pay $87.
- Super Rush processing – while this is the most expensive option, it is also the fastest. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you have to pay $107 for the urgency.
If you travel for business purposes, you need a Sri Lanka Business ETA. The fees are a bit different. You will be charged $70, $100, and $120 respectively for each processing time.
The second part wants you to cover the payment and carefully review your form. It is important that you do not submit erred information. Otherwise, the ETA you receive is invalid, and you have to repeat the application process.
The final part is the moment when iVisa gives you instructions to upload the documents that support your application. After you do that, you can submit your form, and iVisa will take care of the rest. The bottom line is that the process of getting a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Canada is easy to go through when you apply online. The Sri Lanka ETA is valid for 90 days, it grants a double entry, and you can remain in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days after arrival.