As a Colombian citizen, whenever you plan to travel to Sri Lanka for your vacation or for business purposes, you do not have to go to the nearest Sri Lankan embassy to get your visa. Instead, you can apply online for a Sri Lanka ETA. With iVisa’s help, the travel document you need can be in your possession in as little as 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Colombia – the requirements
The list of requirements for a Sri Lanka visa is not extensive, and chances are that you already have some of the necessary items here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Sri Lanka visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, the visa policy of Sri Lanka requires that the passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival.
- Digital passport photo – for a valid passport photo, you need to make sure that the picture is taken in the past 6 months and follows all the other guidelines.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the ETA will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. The address you provide must be valid, and you need to have access to it. Remember to print out the document before departure or make sure that you have a digital copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – as far as paying for services goes, iVisa is flexible. You can make the payment using a credit or a debit card, but you are also free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most comfortable for you.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Colombia – the online application form
After you handle the requirements, you can move on and fill in the application form. The whole thing should not take you more than 20 minutes, but remember that if you need assistance, iVisa’s customer support service is open day and night. The service does not charge.
As you access the application page, you will notice that the application form happens in three stages. During the first one, you must provide general information about yourself and your trip, but you also have to select a processing timeframe for your application, as well as a visa type. Both factors determine the price of your Sri Lanka. Concerning the processing, you are given three choices:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 24 hours, and you only have to pay $57.
- Rush processing – for somewhat faster processing, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 6 hours, and the fee is $87.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your ETA as soon as possible, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 30 minutes. The fee, however, is $107.
Regarding the visa type, you also have the option of applying for a Sri Lanka Business ETA if your trip is for business purposes. The fees differ, though. This visa will cost you an additional $13 for each processing time.
The second stage asks that you handle the payment and review your form so that all the information you provide is 100% accurate, while the third requires you to upload a few documents that support your application. When you are finished, submit your request, and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Colombia have easy access to a Sri Lanka Visa. iVisa does most of the heavy lifting for you. The document you are sent remains valid for 90 days since issue, and you can use to enter Sri Lanka twice. Your stay there, however, cannot exceed 30 days per visit.