The citizens of Israel qualify for the electronic travel authorization when going to Sri Lanka for business or tourism purposes. As a result, you can avoid a trip to the embassy. Instead, you can apply online for a Sri Lanka visa. iVisa created a short and straightforward application process after which you can get the document you need in just 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Israel – requirements
The requirements for a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Israel are the same as for every other eligible nationality. You need to put together a set of documents and pieces of information that ensure a successful application process. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Israel – the online application form
After you gather all of the above, you can proceed to the application page to fill in the form. It should take about 20 minutes to complete this task, but remember that if you need any help, you can reach iVisa’s customer support via online chat or phone. The service is open non-stop and does not charge.
The form you will find on the application page consists of three steps. The first one focuses on general information, but you also have to select a visa type and a processing time for your application, both of which will determine the cost of your Sri Lanka visa. Concerning the processing time, you are provided with three options:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. And the slowest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $57.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 6 hours since submission, but the fee hoes a bit higher. You will pay $87.
- Super Rush processing – while this is the most expensive option, it is also the fastest. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you have to pay $107 for the urgency. If you travel for business purposes, you need a Sri Lanka Business ETA. The fees are a bit different. You will be charged $70, $100, and $120 respectively for each processing time.
The second step wants you to insert your payment details and carefully review your form to make sure that it does not contain erred information, while the third requires you to upload a few documents. As soon as you are done, you can submit your request, and iVisa will handle all the bureaucracy that follows.
As you can see, the process of obtaining a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Israel does not involve too much effort. The Sri Lanka ETA is valid for 90 days since issue, it grants two entries in Sri Lanka, and you can stay there for up to 30 days each time you visit.