Italian citizens, among many other nationalities, are eligible for an electronic travel authorization when traveling to Sri Lanka for tourism or business purposes. A visit to the embassy is not necessary. As a result, you can apply online for a Sri Lanka visa, and iVisa can help you acquire it in just 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Italy – the requirements
As far as the requirements are concerned, you have no reason to worry. The list is quite short. Plus, chances are that you already have some of the necessary things. With that being said, here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Sri Lanka visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, the visa policy of Sri Lanka requires that the passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival.
- Digital passport photo – for a valid passport photo, you need to make sure that the picture is taken in the past 6 months and follows all the other guidelines.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the ETA will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. The address you provide must be valid, and you need to have access to it. Remember to print out the document before departure or make sure that you have a digital copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – as far as paying for services goes, iVisa is flexible. You can make the payment using a credit or a debit card, but you are also free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most comfortable for you.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Italy – processing time and fees
The amount of money you are charged for your Sri Lanka visa depends on two factors: the processing timeframe you select for your application and the type of visa you need. As far as the former goes, iVisa provides you with three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your necessities. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 24 hours, and you only have to pay $57.
- Rush processing – for somewhat faster processing, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 6 hours, and the fee is $87.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your ETA as soon as possible, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 30 minutes. The fee, however, is $107.
Regarding the visa type, you also have the option of applying for a Sri Lanka Business ETA if your trip is for business purposes. The fees differ, though. This visa will cost you an additional $13 for each processing time.
The online application form
For you to know what to expect when you access the application page, we will offer a brief description of the application form you must fill in. However, keep in mind that iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and entirely free of charge if you need assistance along the way.
The application form we are referring to is broken down into three simple steps. The first one expects you to provide general information, but this is also the moment when you must choose a processing time for your application and a visa type. The second step is in charge of payment and review, while the third wants you to upload a few documents that support your application. When all three steps are complete, you can submit your request, and iVisa will take it further.
The bottom line is that Italian citizens have access to an easy application process when it comes to a Sri Lanka visa. The document that arrives in your e-mail inbox is valid for 90 days since issue, you can use it for a double entry, and you are allowed to stay in Sri Lanka for no more than 30 days per entry.