As a Japanese citizen, you do not have to go to the nearest Sri Lankan embassy to obtain a consular visa if you plan to travel to Sri Lanka for tourism or business purposes. Instead, since you qualify for the electronic travel authorization, you can apply for a Sri Lanka visa online. iVisa can help with the process so that you can have your document in just 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Japan – the requirements
Before anything else, you need to make sure that you have everything iVisa asks of you for the online application process. However, you may have some of the things on the list of requirements. Here is what you need:
- Passport – to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Japan – the online application form
Right after you notice that you have everything you need, you can fill in the application form. You should not find this task challenging, but if it happens to need assistance, or if you have questions, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support service. It is available 24/7 and free of charge.
When you access the application page, you will see that the form you have to fill in consists of three steps. The first one is interested in general information, but you also need to make a choice regarding the visa type and the processing time for your application. Both factors will establish how much you will be charged for your Sri Lanka visa. As for processing, you have three options:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. And the slowest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $57.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 6 hours since submission, but the fee hoes a bit higher. You will pay $87.
- Super Rush processing – while this is the most expensive option, it is also the fastest. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you have to pay $107 for the urgency. In case you travel for business purposes, you need a Sri Lanka Business ETA. The fees are a bit different. You will be charged $70, $100, and $120 respectively for each processing time.
The second step asks for your payment details, but you also have to carefully review the information in your form and make sure it is 100% accurate. And finally, the third step expects you to provide iVisa with the supporting documents of your application. You will have to upload them. When you are done, submit your request, and iVisa will take it from there.
What you must remember is that the online process of getting a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Japan involves minimal effort. The document you are sent is valid for 90 days since issuance, it grants a double entry, and you are allowed to remain in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days after arrival.