Laotian citizens who wish to travel to Sri Lanka for business or pleasure are not required to go to an embassy to obtain a consular visa. Instead, you qualify for an electronic travel authorization, and you can apply for one online. iVisa provides assistance with the application process so that you can get your ETA in as little as 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Laos – the requirements
One of the best things about an online application process is that it is not as demanding as the one at the embassy. The list of requirements is not long, and chances are that you already have some of the things necessary. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Laos – processing time and fees
The cost of a Sri Lanka visa depends on two factors. One, the processing timeframe you choose for your application, and two, the visa type. When it comes to the former, iVisa gives you three options so that you can select the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. And the slowest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $57.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 6 hours since submission, but the fee hoes a bit higher. You will pay $87.
- Super Rush processing – while this is the most expensive option, it is also the fastest. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you have to pay $107 for the urgency.
Regarding the visa type, if you travel for business purposes, you need a Sri Lanka Business ETA. The fees are a bit different. You will be charged $70, $100, and $120 respectively for each processing time.
The online application form
We will provide some information on the application form so that you know what to expect when you access the application page. However, before we do, you should know that iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and free of charge should you need some assistance.
The form you have to fill in consists of three simple steps. The first one asks for general information, but this is also the point at which you have to choose a visa type and a processing timeframe for your application. The second step wants you to make the payment and review your form, while the third asks that you upload a few documents. As soon as you are finished, you can submit your application, and iVisa will take it from there.
As you can see, the online process of getting a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Laos does not impose any difficulties. The ETA you receive maintains its validity for 90 days since the date of issue, it grants two entries, and it allows its holder to stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days per visit.