Like many other nationalities, the citizens of Mauritius can avoid a trip to the embassy when traveling to Sri Lanka. That is because you are eligible for an electronic travel authorization. As a result, you can apply for a Sri Lanka visa online. With iVisa’s help, you can obtain the travel document you need in just 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Mauritius – the requirements
As you can imagine, the online application process is much simpler than the one at the embassy. Even so, you still need to be able to fulfill a few requirements. Fortunately, the list is short, and chances are that you may already have everything on it. You will need the following:
- Passport – to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Mauritius – the online application form
As soon as you manage to get everything you need, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. You should not find it difficult, but if you need some assistance or have some questions, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available day and night, and it is entirely free of charge.
You will notice that the form is broken down into three steps. The first one asks for your personal information, passport info, and travel details. At the same time, you need to make a choice regarding the visa type and the processing time for your application. Both choices will have a say in how much your Sri Lank visa costs. iVisa gives you three processing time options:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. And the slowest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $57.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 6 hours since submission, but the fee hoes a bit higher. You will pay $87.
- Super Rush processing – while this is the most expensive option, it is also the fastest. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you have to pay $107 for the urgency.
In case you travel for business purposes, you need a Sri Lanka Business ETA. The fees are a bit different. You will be charged $70, $100, and $120 respectively for each processing time.
The second step expects you to make the payment and review your form so that it does not contain mistakes, while the third asks for your application’s supporting documents. You will have to upload them as per iVisa’s instructions. After you do everything you are supposed to, you can hit the submit button, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
You have to admit that the online process of obtaining a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Mauritius is incredibly convenient. The ETA is valid for 90 days, allows a double entry, and you can stay in Sri Lanka for no more than 30 days per entry.