According to Sri Lanka’s visa policy, the citizens of Qatar do not have to go to an embassy to acquire a visa when traveling to Sri Lanka for tourism or business purposes. As a Qatari, you are eligible for a ETA, which means that you can apply for a Sri Lanka ETA online. With the help of iVisa, you can obtain the document in as little as 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an ETA?
An ETA (electronic travel authorization) is an official document for traveling to or within Sri Lanka.
What are the requirements?
One of the best things about the online application process is that the list of requirements is short and that the items on it are easy to obtain. For a successful application process, you will need the following:
- Passport – to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka ETA, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
What are the fees and processing times offered by iVisa?
As far as the processing time goes, you can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. And the slowest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged USD 55.00.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 4 hours since submission, but the fee hoes a bit higher. You will pay USD 85.00.
- Super Rush processing – while this is the most expensive option, it is also the fastest. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you have to pay USD 100.00 for the urgency.
In case you travel for business purposes, you need a Sri Lanka Business ETA. The fees are a bit different. You will be charged $70, $100, and $120 respectively for each processing time.
How's the online application form?
After you manage to put together the items on the list above, you can proceed to fill in the application form. The task you must complete should not take more than 20 minutes of your time, but if you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is open 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form in question consists of three easy steps.
The first one asks that you give your personal information and a few details about your trip. You must also choose a processing timeframe for your application, as well as a visa type. Both choices will determine the cost of your Sri Lanka ETA.
The second step wants you to cover the payment and review your form so that it does not contain errors.
And the third wants you to upload the documents that support your application.
After you do everything that iVisa asks of you, you can click on the submit button, and you will receive your ETA in the timeframe of your choosing.
How long is this ETA valid for?
The validity of this ETA is of 180 days after issued.
How many entries am I granted? How long can I stay in Sri Lanka?
You're allowed a Double Entry with a maximum of 30 days Total.
Do my kids need an ETA?
Kids under 12 years old are exempt of applying.
Can I see an example of a Sri Lanka ETA?
Here it is!
I have more doubts, where can I find out more?
As you can see, the online process of obtaining a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Qatar is incredibly accessible. The ETA you receive is valid for 90 days since issue, you can use it for two entries in Sri Lanka, and you can stay there for no more than 30 days per entry.