As a Romanian citizen, whenever you wish to travel to Sri Lanka for business or pleasure, you are not required to pay a visit to the nearest Sri Lankan diplomatic mission to obtain a consular visa. Instead, you can apply for a Sri Lanka visa online because you qualify for an electronic travel authorization. With iVisa, it can be yours in just 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Romania – the requirements
You will be pleased to learn that the list of requirements for a Sri Lanka ETA is not extensive, and you may already have some (if not all) of the items on it. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Romania – the online application form
The next thing you need to handle is the application form. Filling it should not take you more than 20 minutes. However, if you have some questions or concerns, feel free to contact iVisa’s customer support. It is available non-stop and free of charge.
The form you are asked to complete consists of three steps. The first one focuses on basic information, but it also asks you to choose a visa type and a processing timeframe for your application. Both factors affect the price of your Sri Lanka visa. Concerning the processing time, iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. And the slowest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $57.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 6 hours since submission, but the fee hoes a bit higher. You will pay $87.
- Super Rush processing – while this is the most expensive option, it is also the fastest. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you have to pay $107 for the urgency.
In case you travel for business purposes, you need a Sri Lanka Business ETA. The fees are a bit different. You will be charged $70, $100, and $120 respectively for each processing time.
The second step expects you to make the payment and review your form. It is essential that you provide only accurate information. Otherwise, your ETA will be invalid, and you have to repeat the application process.
Finally, the third step revolves around supporting documents. iVisa will ask you to upload them. After you are finished with that as well, you can submit your application, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
As you can see, Romanian citizens do not have to make too much of an effort to get a Sri Lanka visa. The document is valid for 90 days since issuance, it grants a double entry, and it allows you to stay in Sri Lanka for no more than 30 days per visit.