As a South African citizen, when you travel to Sri Lanka for business or pleasure, you are not required to go to the nearest Sri Lankan embassy to apply for a visa. Instead, the country’s visa policy allows you to apply online for a Sri Lanka visa. With iVisa’s help, you can obtain the travel document you need in just 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of South Africa – requirements
One of the best things about an online application process is that it is not as demanding and as time-consuming as the process at the embassy. With that being said, here is what you need to obtain a Sri Lanka ETA:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Sri Lanka visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, the visa policy of Sri Lanka requires that the passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival.
- Digital passport photo – for a valid passport photo, you need to make sure that the picture is taken in the past 6 months and follows all the other guidelines.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the ETA will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. The address you provide must be valid, and you need to have access to it. Remember to print out the document before departure or make sure that you have a digital copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – as far as paying for services goes, iVisa is flexible. You can make the payment using a credit or a debit card, but you are also free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most comfortable for you.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of South Africa – the online application form
Now that you know what you need, we will provide a brief description of the application form so that you know what to expect. But first of all, keep in mind that iVisa provides non-stop customer support should you need assistance. The service is entirely free of charge.
What you will notice is that the application form created by iVisa is broken down into three stages. The first stage wants general information about yourself and your trip, but it also requires you to choose a processing timeframe for your application, as well as a visa type. Both those factors affect the cost of your Sri Lanka visa. As far as the processing timeframe goes, you have three options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 24 hours, and you only have to pay $57.
- Rush processing – for somewhat faster processing, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 6 hours, and the fee is $87.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your ETA as soon as possible, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 30 minutes. The fee, however, is $107.
As for the visa type, you also have the option of applying for a Sri Lanka Business ETA if your trip is for business purposes. The fees differ, though. This visa will cost you an additional $13 for each processing time.
The second stage requires you to handle the payment and review your form to make sure that the information you provided is not erred in any way, while the third asks that you upload a few documents that support your application. When you are finished, submit your request, and iVisa will handle everything else that follows.
The bottom line is that the online process of obtaining a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of South Africa involves minimal effort. The document in question maintains its validity for 90 days after issue, it grants a double entry, and it allows you to remain in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days per entry.