An advantage of having a South African passport is that you don't need to visit a Sri Lankan embassy to get the famous Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of South Africa. What's more, you only need to apply for a Sri Lanka ETA, which you can receive through iVisa.com.
The service we offer at iVisa.com is very useful to save time that you could invest in other important details of your trip. Also, this online process is not difficult to understand, so you can finish it in a few minutes.
If you want to discover more important details about the Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of South Africa, continue reading the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I apply for a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of South Africa on iVisa.com?
You can use iVisa.com to apply for an ETA, which is not a Paper Visa as South African citizens don’t need this type of visa to enter Sri Lanka.
How long can South African citizens stay in Sri Lanka?
If you apply for the ETA on iVisa.com, you can stay in Sri Lanka for 30 days in Total. Bear in mind that you shouldn't do any paid work during your trip, and all visits are limited to tourism.
If you want to stay for a longer time, you'll have to get your visa extended to a maximum of 6 months.
What is a Sri Lankan ETA?
The Sri Lanka electronic authorization is commonly known as an ETA. This is a special system launched for foreign citizens who want to visit this country.
What requirements should I prepare in order to apply?
One of the greatest things about an online application is that it's not as time-consuming and as demanding as the embassy process. This is the shortlist of documents you need to get a Sri Lanka ETA:
- Valid passport: make sure that it’s valid for at least 6 months once you arrive there.
- Digital passport photograph: if you have issues with this part, you can use iVisa.com’s passport photo.
- E-mail address: you’ll receive the ETA through an e-mail in PDF format. The address you provide must be valid, and you need to have access to it.
- Payment methods: iVisa.com is quite flexible with this matter, so you are free to use PayPal or a debit/credit card, whichever is most convenient for you.
How long can I stay in Sri Lanka with an ETA?
If you're from South Africa, you can stay in Sri Lanka for 30 days in Total as long as you apply for the Sri Lanka ETA.
What are the processing times and costs for this ETA?
iVisa.com offers you three choices based on urgency. In other words, you'll pay for your visa according to how fast you want it. These are the choices:
- Standard processing: you'll get your eVisa in 5 days and it has a total price of USD 57.00 (all service fees included).
- Rush processing: for this option, your ETA will be done in 3 days and you have to pay the amount of USD 87.00 with the service fees included.
- Super Rush processing: in only 24 hours. The price is USD 102.00 (service fee included).
The prices shown above are based on Tourist ETA. Click here if you want to know the costs for a Business ETA.
How much time do I need to apply?
You only need about 20 minutes to complete the application form on iVisa.com.
How do I apply?
Now that you understand exactly what you need, we will offer a brief description of the application form. But first of all, keep in mind that iVisa.com provides non-stop customer support if you need help. The service is entirely free of charge.
These are the steps you have to follow on iVisa.com:
- In the first section, you have to offer your general information. You also need to choose a processing time for your application, as well as a visa type. Both factors affect the price of your Sri Lanka eVisa.
- The next phase asks you to make the payment and review your form to ensure that the information you provided is correct.
- The third phase asks you to upload a few documents that support your application. Submit your application when you have finished, and iVisa.com will work on the rest.
The online process of getting a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of South Africa requires minimal effort. You can use this document for 90 days and it has a Double Entry benefit.
What happens after I complete the application form?
You don’t need to do much after you complete the online form because you'll get the ETA via email. We do the hard work for you so you can save time. After you get the Tourist ETA, print it and keep it with you together with your passport to enter Sri Lanka. It might not be necessary to print the ETA because it’s linked to your passport, but we suggest that you do so.
Is it necessary to get a Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of South Africa for my kids too?
This is necessary only if your kids are less than 12 years old. Children under 12 years old are exempt from paying the ETA.
Before applying for the Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of South Africa, do I have to book a flight?
No, you don’t have to book a flight to apply for the Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of South Africa.
Can I apply for my relatives or friends?
To apply for your family relatives or friends, you have to collect all their documents (you can check them above). Nevertheless, if you only want to add one person and you’re traveling with this person, then just apply here.
How do I know if my tourist eta is approved?
We will give you all the necessary updates via email. This information will be available as soon as the Sri Lanka Government approves the visa.
Is it safe to use iVisa.com to obtain my Sri Lanka tourist eta?
Yes, you can feel super safe when using our service because we offer maximum protection for your personal details, so they’ll never be at risk of being leaked. We invite you to read what thousands of happy customers say about us if you want to confirm how reliable our service is.
What does the ETA look like?
I've more unresolved questions, where can I find more info?
Click here to apply with us!