As a Spanish citizen, you do not have to go to the nearest Sri Lankan embassy to get a visa when you wish to travel to Sri Lanka for tourism or business purposes. Instead, you qualify for an ETA, which means that you can apply for a Sri Lanka visa online. iVisa can help with the entire process, and the document you need can be approved in just half an hour.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Spain – the requirements
The first thing on your to-do list is to put together all the documents and the information required for a successful application process. Luckily, the list is not very long, and you may already have some of the items on it. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Spain – the online application form
After you put together all of the above, all that is left for you to do is to fill in an application form. You should not struggle with it because it is an easy task, but if you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. It is at your disposal day and night, and it does not charge.
The form that will be put in front of you has three steps. The first one is focused on general information, but you have to select a processing time for your application and a visa type as well. Both choices you make will affect the cost of your Sri Lanka visa. When it comes to processing, you get three options:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. And the slowest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $57.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 6 hours since submission, but the fee hoes a bit higher. You will pay $87.
- Super Rush processing – while this is the most expensive option, it is also the fastest. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you have to pay $107 for the urgency.
In case you travel for business purposes, you need a Sri Lanka Business ETA. The fees are a bit different. You will be charged $70, $100, and $120 respectively for each processing time.
Step number two is reserved for payment and review. It is important that you revise any mistakes in your form. Otherwise, your visa will be invalid, which means that you have no other option than you repeat the application process.
The third and final step will ask you to upload the documents that are necessary to support your application. When you are done, click on the submit button, and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Spain have access to a straightforward process when applying for a Sri Lanka visa. The ETA you receive in your e-mail inbox remains valid for 90 days since issue, it grants a double entry, and it allows you to stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days per entry.