Swedish citizens who plan a trip to Sri Lanka for business or tourism purposes are not required to obtain a visa at the nearest Sri Lankan embassy. That is because you qualify for the electronic travel authorization. Consequently, you can obtain a Sri Lanka visa online. Using the services rendered by iVisa, that can happen in just half an hour.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Sweden – requirements
The first thing you need to handle is the list of requirements. You need to meet them all if you want your application process to be successful. Even so, the list is not very long. It contains the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Sri Lanka visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, the visa policy of Sri Lanka requires that the passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival.
- Digital passport photo – for a valid passport photo, you need to make sure that the picture is taken in the past 6 months and follows all the other guidelines.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the ETA will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. The address you provide must be valid, and you need to have access to it. Remember to print out the document before departure or make sure that you have a digital copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – as far as paying for services goes, iVisa is flexible. You can make the payment using a credit or a debit card, but you are also free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most comfortable for you.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Sweden – processing time and fees
The amount you will be charged for your Sri Lanka visa depends on two factors: the processing timeframe you choose for your application, and the visa type you need. As for the former, you are given three options so that you can choose the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 24 hours, and you only have to pay $57.
- Rush processing – for somewhat faster processing, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 6 hours, and the fee is $87.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your ETA as soon as possible, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 30 minutes. The fee, however, is $107.
As far as the visa type is concerned, you also have the option of applying for a Sri Lanka Business ETA if your trip is for business purposes. The fees differ, though. This visa will cost you an additional $13 for each processing time.
The online application form
To know what to expect during the application process, we will give you a short description of the application form. You should not experience any difficulties while completing this task, but if you need some help, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge.
The form you have to complete consists of three steps. The first one focuses on personal information, processing time, and visa type. The second step wants you to make the payment and review your form, while the third requires you to upload a few documents. When you are finished, click on the submit button, and iVisa will handle the rest.
The important thing to remember is that the online process of obtaining a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Sweden provided by iVisa is not at all complicated. The ETA you receive is valid for 90 days since the day of issue, it grants two entries, and it allows its holder to remain in Sri Lanka for no more than 30 days after arrival.