The citizens of the Netherlands who plan to travel to Sri Lanka for tourism or business purposes do not have to go to an embassy to obtain a consular visa. As a Dutch national, you are eligible for an electronic travel authorization, which means that you can apply for a Sri Lanka ETA online. iVisa can help with the process, and at the end of it, your application can be approved in just 30 minutes if that is what you wish.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands – the requirements
The online application process is not as demanding as the one at the embassy, a factor which is reflected in the list of requirements as well. You do not need much for a successful process. Only the following:
- Passport – to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands – the online application form
As soon as you put together all of the above, you are free to fill in the application form. It should take approximately 20 minutes of your time, but if you need any help, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support service. It is at your disposal non-stop and does not charge.
iVisa created a simple, 3-step application form. The first step wants you to provide general information, but you also have to select a visa type and a processing timeframe for your application. Keep in mind that both choices will establish the price of your Sri Lanka visa. As far as the processing timeframe is concerned, you are given three options:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. And the slowest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $57.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 6 hours since submission, but the fee hoes a bit higher. You will pay $87.
- Super Rush processing – while this is the most expensive option, it is also the fastest. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you have to pay $107 for the urgency.
In case you travel for business purposes, you need a Sri Lanka Business ETA. The fees are a bit different. You will be charged $70, $100, and $120 respectively for each processing time.
Moving on to step number two, you have to insert your payment details and review your form to make sure that the information you provided is 100% accurate. And finally, the third step focuses on supporting documents. You need to upload them. After you do that, you can submit your application, and iVisa will take it further.
The bottom line is that the citizens of the Netherlands have access to a straightforward process to obtain a Sri Lanka visa. The document is valid for 90 days since the date of issue, it grants a double entry, and it allows you to remain in Sri Lanka for a period that cannot exceed 30 days per entry.