Being a Turkish citizen means that you do not have to go to the nearest Sri Lankan embassy to apply for a visa when you plan a trip to Sri Lanka for tourism or business purposes. Since you are eligible for an electronic travel authorization, you can obtain a Sri Lanka visa online. iVisa makes that happen in just 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Turkey – the requirements
Before you start the online application process, there is one thing you need to do, and that is to make sure that you have everything necessary at your disposal. However, that should not be a difficult task. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Sri Lanka visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, the visa policy of Sri Lanka requires that the passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival.
- Digital passport photo – for a valid passport photo, you need to make sure that the picture is taken in the past 6 months and follows all the other guidelines.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the ETA will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. The address you provide must be valid, and you need to have access to it. Remember to print out the document before departure or make sure that you have a digital copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – as far as paying for services goes, iVisa is flexible. You can make the payment using a credit or a debit card, but you are also free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most comfortable for you.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Turkey – the online application form
Once you have everything you need, you can move forward and fill in the application form. It should take you about 20 minutes to finish this task but bear in mind that iVisa provides 24/7 customer support in case you need any help. The service is free of charge.
The application form created by iVisa is short and straightforward. You need to go through three simple steps. The first one asks for general information about yourself and your trip. At the same time, you must choose a processing timeframe for your application, as well as a visa type. The cost of your Sri Lanka visa depends on which options you select. As for the former, you can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 24 hours, and you only have to pay $57.
- Rush processing – for somewhat faster processing, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 6 hours, and the fee is $87.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your ETA as soon as possible, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 30 minutes. The fee, however, is $107.
As far as the visa type is concerned, you also have the option of applying for a Sri Lanka Business ETA if your trip is for business purposes. The fees differ, though. This visa will cost you an additional $13 for each processing time.
When you get to the second step, you must handle the payment and carefully review your form and correct any possible mistakes, while the third requires you to upload a few documents. As soon as you are done, you can submit your application, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
As you can see, the citizens of Turkey have access to an easy application process when it comes to a Sri Lanka visa. The document sent by iVisa is valid for 90 days since issue, it grants two entries, and you can stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days each time you visit.