Ukrainian citizens who plan to travel to Sri Lanka for business or tourism purposes are not required to pay a visit to the nearest Sri Lankan embassy when applying for a visa. Instead, you qualify for the electronic visa system, and as a result, you can obtain a Sri Lanka visa online. With iVisa, that can happen in as little as 30 minutes.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Ukraine – requirements
You cannot start the application process until you have everything necessary at your disposal. However, you will be pleased to learn that the list of requirements is short, and the items on it are easy to obtain. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Sri Lanka visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, the visa policy of Sri Lanka requires that the passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival.
- Digital passport photo – for a valid passport photo, you need to make sure that the picture is taken in the past 6 months and follows all the other guidelines.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the ETA will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. The address you provide must be valid, and you need to have access to it. Remember to print out the document before departure or make sure that you have a digital copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – as far as paying for services goes, iVisa is flexible. You can make the payment using a credit or a debit card, but you are also free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most comfortable for you.
Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Ukraine – the online application form
The next thing you have to do is to fill in an application form. You should be done with it in about 20 minutes. However, iVisa provides 24/7 customer support if you need any help or have some questions. The service can be contacted via online chat or phone, and it is entirely free of charge.
The form in question is broken down into three easy steps. The first one covers the basic information, but you also have to select a processing time for your application and a visa type, both of which will affect the price of your Sri Lanka visa. Regarding the processing time, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 24 hours, and you only have to pay $57.
- Rush processing – for somewhat faster processing, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 6 hours, and the fee is $87.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your ETA as soon as possible, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 30 minutes. The fee, however, is $107.
Concerning the visa type, you must apply for a Sri Lanka Business ETA if your trip is for business purposes. The fees differ, though. This visa will cost you an additional $13 for each processing time. The second step consists of payment and review, while the third requires you to upload the documents that support your application. As soon as you do that, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will deliver the ETA in the timeframe of your choosing.
The bottom line is that the process of getting a Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Ukraine does not involve much time and effort. The ETA stays valid for 90 days after issue, and you can use it to enter Sri Lanka twice. After arrival, you are allowed to remain in the country for a period that cannot exceed 30 days per visit.