Learn More: Tourist ETA
In January 2012, the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka introduced the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) system for travelers visiting Sri Lanka. Travelers from almost any country in the world can now apply online without having to visit an embassy or consulate.
The ETA is an official authorization for short-term visits to Sri Lanka and is issued electronically. Applicants will receive their visas via email after completing the application form with the necessary information, and once the online payment is completed. Simple, right?
Required Documents to Apply
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
The ETA is limited to 30 days in Total of stay in Sri Lanka from the date of arrival, and allows for two (2) entries.
Important: The validity of the Visa for the two entries is 30 days and starts on the first arrival date. This means the departure date for the second entry must be within 30 days of the first arrival date.
The information entered will be sent electronically to DI&E (Department of Immigration & Emigration) and we will send your Sri Lanka ETA online via email.
Travelers who want to visit Sri Lanka must have a passport valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of entry.
We suggest passengers verify the information, print it out, and bring a physical copy on their trip. The check-in staff at the airports can also verify the registration on their system. However, we highly recommend that clients keep a copy available on a personal electronic device in addition to carrying a printed copy.
You cannot obtain a new ETA while you are in Sri Lanka, regardless of whether your current ETA is valid or expired.
Nationals of Yellow Fever affected countries must carry a yellow fever vaccination card at the time of arrival in Sri Lanka. See Yellow Fever countries here.
NOTE: Citizens of the Republic of Singapore, the Republic of Maldives and the Republic of Seychelles are exempt from obtaining this visa (meaning they can travel there without applying for a visa)
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
We require the following to submit your application:
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
IMPORTANT: Before you apply for your visa, you need to have a confirmed hotel booking in a Safe & Secure Certified Level 1 Hotel. (To check if your hotel is eligible, see the drop-down menu on the iVIsa.com application form under "Hotel/Host Name") If you are unable to meet this requirement, your visa will not be approved.
A Sri Lanka Tourist ETA depends on your nationality. Additionally, there is a service fee of:
Standard Processing: USD 20.00
Rush Processing: USD 50.00
Super Rush Processing: USD 65.00
It depends on the method of processing you choose. We offer three options:
Standard Processing Time: 5 days
Rush Processing: 3 days
Super Rush Processing: 2 days
Yellow Fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
More information in the following link:
- Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Georgia, Germany (German), Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Norfolk Island, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russia (Russian), Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland (Swiss), Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom (UK Citizens)(British), United States (US Citizens), Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Kosovo, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR INDIANS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR U.S. CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR IVORIANS
- Can I get a Sri Lanka transit visa at Colombo Airport?
- Sri Lanka Tourist and Business visa fees for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Indian citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SYRIANS
- Sri Lanka transit visa for Pakistani citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF SOUTH AFRICA
- SRI LANKA 14 DAY QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka transit visa online
- SRI LANKA e-VISA FOR UK CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA EVISA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Sri Lanka Visa Extension for Foreigners
- How can I get the Sri Lanka 14 day quarantine requirement?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF PAKISTAN
- SRI LANKA VISAS FOR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Colombia
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR RUSSIAN CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA ONLINE VISA FEE
- How to do a Sri Lanka visa check
- CAN I GET A SRI LANKA VISA IN DUBAI?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR PORTUGUESE CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka visa on arrival for Indian passport holders
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR FRENCH CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka visa for Malaysian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa requirements for Australian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Lebanon
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR BISSAU GUINEAN
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Bangladesh
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Qatar
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF JAPAN
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Canada
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF THE PHILIPPINES
- Sri Lanka Tourist visa fees
- CAN THE CITIZENS OF MALAYSIA GET A TRANSIT VISA FOR SRI LANKA ONLINE?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR UGANDA CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SUDANESE
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR MALIAN
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR KENYANS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR GUINEAN
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR GABONESE
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR EGYPTIAN
- Sri Lanka transit visa for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Germany
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET A SRI LANKA VISA?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SOUTH KOREAN CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ISRAEL
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF POLAND
- Sri Lanka Visa for Yemeni citizens
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Indonesia
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Ukraine
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bhutan
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Greece
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF HONG KONG
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ROMANIA
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF MOROCCO
- Sri Lanka Business Visa for the citizens of UK
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Ireland
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Kuwait
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of New Zealand
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of UAE
- Sri Lanka visa for Vietnamese citizens
- Sri Lanka Visa for Chinese citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR NEPALESE CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Austria
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bahamas
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Croatia
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Denmark
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Finland
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Georgia
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ITALY
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Spain
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Sweden
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Turkey
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka visa as a US citizen
- Sri Lanka visa photo size
- Can I get a multiple entry visa for Sri Lanka?
- SRI LANKA TRANSIT VISA REQUIREMENTS
- Sri Lanka visa processing time
- Is there a Sri Lanka transit visa on arrival?
- Where can I get a Sri Lanka visit visa?
- Sri Lanka visa charges and price
- Sri Lanka visa - apply online for an ETA!
- Is an ETA available only on the Sri Lanka visa official website?
- Information about the Sri Lanka visa process
- How to obtain a Sri Lanka holiday visa
- How to obtain a Sri Lanka Business Visa online
- How to find the best Sri Lanka visa services or agents
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka tourist visa online
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka entry visa online-
- Everything you need to know about the Sri Lanka application form
- Can I get a Sri Lanka visa for business purposes?
- Can I get a Sri Lanka tourist visa online?
- Everything about the future Sri Lanka transit visa application