Learn More: Tourist ETA
In January 2012, the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka introduced the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) system for travelers visiting Sri Lanka. Travelers from almost any country in the world can now apply online without having to visit an embassy or consulate.
The ETA is an official authorization for short-term visits to Sri Lanka and is issued electronically. Applicants will receive their visas via email after completing the application form with the necessary information, and once the online payment is completed. Simple, right?
Required Documents to Apply
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
The ETA is limited to 30 days in Total of stay in Sri Lanka from the date of arrival, and allows for two (2) entries.
Important: The validity of the Visa for the two entries is 30 days and starts on the first arrival date. This means the departure date for the second entry must be within 30 days of the first arrival date.
The information entered will be sent electronically to DI&E (Department of Immigration & Emigration) and we will send your Sri Lanka ETA online via email.
Travelers who want to visit Sri Lanka must have a passport valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of entry.
We suggest passengers verify the information, print it out, and bring a physical copy on their trip. The check-in staff at the airports can also verify the registration on their system. However, we highly recommend that clients keep a copy available on a personal electronic device in addition to carrying a printed copy.
You cannot obtain a new ETA while you are in Sri Lanka, regardless of whether your current ETA is valid or expired.
Nationals of Yellow Fever affected countries must carry a yellow fever vaccination card at the time of arrival in Sri Lanka. See Yellow Fever countries here.
NOTE: Citizens of the Republic of Singapore, the Republic of Maldives and the Republic of Seychelles are exempt from obtaining this visa (meaning they can travel there without applying for a visa)
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
We require the following to submit your application:
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
A Sri Lanka Tourist ETA depends on your nationality. Additionally, there is a service fee of:
Standard Processing: USD 20.00
Rush Processing: USD 50.00
Super Rush Processing: USD 65.00
It depends on the method of processing you choose. We offer three options:
Standard Processing Time: 24 hours
Rush Processing: 4 hours
Super Rush Processing: 30 minutes
Yellow Fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
More information in the following link:
- Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Georgia, Germany (German), Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Norfolk Island, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russia (Russian), Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland (Swiss), Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom (UK Citizens)(British), United States (US Citizens), Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Kosovo, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka transit visa online
- SRI LANKA e-VISA FOR UK CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR INDIANS
- SRI LANKA EVISA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Sri Lanka Visa Extension for Foreigners
- How can I get the Sri Lanka 14 day quarantine requirement?
- SRI LANKA 14 DAY QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF PAKISTAN
- SRI LANKA VISAS FOR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Colombia
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR RUSSIAN CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA ONLINE VISA FEE
- How to do a Sri Lanka visa check
- CAN I GET A SRI LANKA VISA IN DUBAI?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR PORTUGUESE CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR U.S. CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka visa on arrival for Indian passport holders
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR FRENCH CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka visa for Malaysian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa requirements for Australian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Lebanon
- Sri Lanka transit visa for Pakistani citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR BISSAU GUINEAN
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Bangladesh
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Qatar
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF SOUTH AFRICA
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF JAPAN
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Canada
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF THE PHILIPPINES
- Sri Lanka Tourist visa fees
- CAN THE CITIZENS OF MALAYSIA GET A TRANSIT VISA FOR SRI LANKA ONLINE?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR CONGOLESE
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SIERRA LEONEAN
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR UGANDA CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SYRIANS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SUDANESE
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR NORTH KOREAN
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR MYANMAR CITIZEN
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR LIBERIANS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR MALIAN
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR KENYANS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR IVORIANS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR GUINEAN
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR GABONESE
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR EGYPTIAN
- Sri Lanka transit visa for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Germany
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET A SRI LANKA VISA?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SOUTH KOREAN CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ISRAEL
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF POLAND
- Sri Lanka Visa for Yemeni citizens
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Indonesia
- Can I get a Sri Lanka transit visa at Colombo Airport?
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Azerbaijan
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Ukraine
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bhutan
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Greece
- Sri Lanka Visa for Iranian citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF HONG KONG
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ROMANIA
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF MOROCCO
- Sri Lanka Business Visa for the citizens of UK
- Sri Lanka Tourist and Business visa fees for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Ireland
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Kuwait
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of New Zealand
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of UAE
- Sri Lanka visa for Vietnamese citizens
- Sri Lanka Visa for Chinese citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR NEPALESE CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Austria
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bahamas
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bahrain
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Belarus
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Croatia
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Denmark
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Finland
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Georgia
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ITALY
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Kyrgyzstan
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Laos
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Mauritius
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Spain
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Sweden
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Taiwan
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Turkey
- Sri Lanka visa requirements for the citizens of Thailand
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka visa as a US citizen
- Sri Lanka visa photo size
- Can I get a multiple entry visa for Sri Lanka?
- SRI LANKA TRANSIT VISA REQUIREMENTS
- Sri Lanka visa processing time
- Sri Lanka Visa for Jordanian citizens
- Is there a Sri Lanka transit visa on arrival?
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Brunei
- Where can I get a Sri Lanka visit visa?
- Sri Lanka visa charges and price
- Sri Lanka visa - apply online for an ETA!
- Is an ETA available only on the Sri Lanka visa official website?
- Information about the Sri Lanka visa process
- How to obtain a Sri Lanka holiday visa
- How to obtain a Sri Lanka Business Visa online
- How to find the best Sri Lanka visa services or agents
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka tourist visa online
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka entry visa online-
- Everything you need to know about the Sri Lanka application form
- Can I get a Sri Lanka visa for business purposes?
- Can I get a Sri Lanka tourist visa online?
- Everything about the future Sri Lanka transit visa application
- Select the country to which you are requesting the visa
- Select the type of visa and read the instructions carefully.
- Select Apply Now
- Fill in the application form
- Pay using a Visa Card, Mastercard or other debit card.
- Await approval via email, then download and print the e-Visa from your account.
- Present your printed e-Visa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
We know that our applicants can come across unexpected changes in their travel plans that may prevent them from traveling and therefore getting their visa. This is why we understand you may want to request a cancellation of your visa application and a credit for the amount paid. However, we will only approve the refund/credit if it follows our Refund policy guideline:
- If your application has not been reviewed by our team, nor submitted to the government for approval, then you will receive a credit for the full amount of the iVisa processing fee and government fee(visa cost).
- If your application has been reviewed by our team but has not yet been submitted to the government for approval, you will receive a credit for the full amount of the government fee (visa cost).
- If your application has been submitted to the government for approval or a visa is already issued, unfortunately, no credit is available.
Our policy also applies to these circumstances:
- If we make a mistake on your application, a 100% refund of the iVisa processing fee will be issued and we will process your visa again at no cost.
- If you purchase rush or super rush processing additional fee and we do not deliver the travel document within the agreed timeframe, you will receive a credit for the iVisa rush or super rush processing fee.
- If you miss your trip because iVisa does not deliver the travel document within the agreed timeframe, you will receive a full cash refund for the government fee and iVisa processing fee.
- The exception to the clause above is if the government is the cause of the delay or your arrival date was sooner than our super rush processing time. In such case, you will receive a credit for the iVisa processing fee.
If for any reason, you are not satisfied with our services, please feel free to contact us. Under reasonable circumstances, we will grant a credit of the iVisa processing fee to be used for a future order.
Because you simply deserve to get the most from your travel experience.
Now more than ever, the process of traveling has become a bit more complicated than what it used to be. As countries keep changing their regulations, paperwork keeps growing, and so do everyone’s stress levels.
For now, travel might feel different in several ways. People can expect to explore a world of face masks, social distancing, closed businesses, and 14-day quarantines.
Even so, iVisa.com firmly believes that traveling is one of the top ways to improve on personal and professional levels. Traveling makes you step out of your comfort zone and develop a sense of independence that will ultimately reflect on your decisions and the way you look at life in general. Traveling is indeed a form of education that can’t be learned by watching television or reading a book. It teaches important lessons and insights regarding cultures and traditions, touching the realms of history, economics, and geography and exposing you to different lifestyles and worldviews from your own. For life’s real education always happens outside your own four walls.
If you’re planning to travel soon, you’ve probably googled whether borders are open, which papers you need to present, and where you have to go to obtain that inescapable travel document. Whether it’s an electronic visa or health declaration, your travel date is coming, and you still don’t know when you’ll spare the time to complete those lengthy steps and be done with the whole process.
As a multicultural visa expert team, we understand how frustrating this is, especially when you’re trying to plan the trip of your dreams, choosing a hotel that you can afford to make ends meet, prepare reachable trip goals, and list the places you could realistically visit this year just to stay inspired.
Sometimes too much paperwork becomes an obstacle to the realization of your dreams, and that’s where we come in.
We want you to go out and buy that plane ticket, so everything else turns out to be an incredible adventure. Just don’t overthink it and let us take care of the rest. No busy lines at the airport, no queues at the embassy. Just a five-minute questionnaire that you can fill out from the comfort of your own home or anywhere in the world.
Your time is priceless, and so are the experiences you’re able to create when there’s enough of it. The reason to choose iVisa.com to process your travel document rests on that, but also on safety, speed, and simplicity.
Our tourist-friendly application process is fast and easy to fill out, making dealing with foreign governments a breeze. Clear instructions guide you every step of the way, and our team of immigration experts thoroughly reviews all documents before submitting them to the corresponding authorities.
Should you have any questions or doubts, both our call and message centers are ready to help you 24/7, so you can fully enjoy your trip and forget about the worries and frustrations of applying for a visa.
Depending on how quickly you need your travel document, you can select one of three processing options. However, some documents are available within hours, depending on the requirements. We will let you know right away if there are any issues with your application that require you to provide or adjust any further information, so we can issue your travel document as soon as possible.
When it comes to safety, we maintain the highest standards. Our top-notch data centers and innovative methods to secure our customer accounts and information mean you never have to worry about your sensitive information getting lost or falling into the wrong hands.
Our years of experience at processing travel documents have translated into thousands of positive reviews from satisfied users all over the globe, making iVisa.com one of the most trusted independent travel agencies for helping you obtain the travel documents you need to make your trip a success. So, why pay iVisa.com to process your travel documents then? To understand why time, distance, and valuable experiences are the secret ingredients of a more fulfilling life, which cannot be attained by sitting at home.
Experiences define you. It is from experiences that you learn and change. Traveling will provide you with plenty that will open your mind and help you adapt to any situation.
Make the most out of your time and turn it into travel experiences by processing your electronic documents with iVisa.com. You won’t regret it.