As a Romanian citizen, whenever you wish to travel to Sri Lanka for business or pleasure, you are not required to pay a visit to the nearest Sri Lankan diplomatic mission to obtain a consular visa. Instead, you can apply for a Sri Lanka visa online because you qualify for an electronic travel authorization. With iVisa, it can be yours in a few minutes.
To know more about this document, we invite you to keep reading this article.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I'm a Romanian Passport Holder, do I have to apply for a Sri Lanka visa?
You don't need a visa per se, what you nee is an ETA, which is a special authorization.
What is a Sri Lankan ETA?
This is a document that allows you to enter the country without having to apply for any consular visa.
How Long can Romanian Citizens stay in Sri Lanka?
Romanian citizens can stay in Sri Lanka for 30 days in Total. Remember that in this amount of time you shouldn't get any kind of work, and all visits are limited to tourism, or business in case you apply for a business e-Visa.
What are the requirements for Romanians?
You will be pleased to learn that the list of requirements for a Sri Lanka ETA is not extensive, and you may already have some (if not all) of the items on it. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport– to be able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to have a valid passport. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture must be taken in the past 6 months and must follow other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure to provide a valid address which you have access to. When you receive the document, you can print it out, or you can keep a copy on your electronic device.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can pay with whichever you feel comfortable. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal too.
How long is the Sri Lanka ETA valid for Romanian citizens?
The Romanian ETA expires 180 days after issued.
What about the prices?
Concerning the processing time, iVisa gives you three choices:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. And the slowest. Your application is processed within 5 days, and you are charged USD $67.49.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA in 3 days since submission, but the fee hoes a bit higher. You will pay USD $99.99.
- Super Rush processing – while this is the most expensive option, it is also the fastest. Your application is processed within just 24 hours, but you have to pay USD $127.99 for the urgency.
In case you travel for business purposes, you need a Sri Lanka Business ETA. The fees are a bit different. You will be charged $70, $100, and $120 respectively for each processing time.
Consider that the fastest you want your visa, the more you have to pay.
How much time do I need to apply?
In 20 minutes or even less you can be ready with your application form.
How Romanians can apply for this?
The next thing you need to handle is the application form. Filling it should not take you more than 20 minutes. However, if you have some questions or concerns, feel free to contact iVisa’s customer support. It is available non-stop and free of charge.
The form you are asked to complete consists of three steps.
The first one focuses on basic information, but it also asks you to choose a visa type and a processing timeframe for your application. Both factors affect the price of your Sri Lanka visa.
The second step expects you to make the payment and review your form. It is essential that you provide only accurate information. Otherwise, your ETA will be invalid, and you have to repeat the application process.
Finally, the third step revolves around supporting documents. iVisa will ask you to upload them. After you are finished with that as well, you can submit your application, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
As you can see, Romanian citizens do not have to make too much of an effort to get a Sri Lanka visa.
Do I need to get a Tourist ETA for my kids if I travel with them?
In case you have kids under 12 years old, you don't have to do the application form. Kids under 12 years old are exempt from paying the ETA. Otherwise, you'll have to apply for them separately.
Can I apply for family members with iVisa?
Yes, you can do it. Just keep in mind that to complete their form you have to get in hand all of the required documents (you can read that in the list above).
Do I have to visit an Embassy to get my ETA?
No, you don't have to. Once it is approved, we will send you your ETA via email in PDF format.
How will I realize if my Tourist ETA is approved and ready to use?
We will let you know this through an e-mail as soon as the Sri Lanka Government approves the visa.
Is it safe to use iVisa's services?
We work with a team that's been issuing official e-Visas since 2013. Many travelers tend to be afraid of getting their personal information leaked, but with the services we offer, that's not something to be scared of.
We provide maximum safety for your personal information, and we also invest a lot in our database. You can read what a lot of happy customers say about us, proving that we give just the best.
What can I do if I have a typo or mistake in my application?
If you make a typo or any mistake while entering your data online, then you should contact our customer service representatives as soon as possible. Please, be careful with this process, you can't correct any mistake once the visa has proceeded
I have more questions in mind, where can I read more info about it?
Click here if you feel ready to start the form for your Sri Lanka Visa hassle-free. iVisa works hard to simplify the process to apply for and receive your Sri Lanka visa and it comes with a 9.5 ‘Excellent’ rating on Trustpilot, so as you can see, it is totally secure to get your ETA over the internet with our services. Start your wonderful trip today!