Switzerland is the center of many important activities in the world. Making business, work cooperations between companies, and accessing health services are the most common reasons to apply for a visa. A common concern among travelers is the Switzerland Schengen visa validity. Often, people confuse the validity period with the number of entries.
Next, iVisa.com makes important clarifications regarding the Switzerland Schengen visa validity.
Frequently Asked Questions
What determines the Switzerland Schengen visa validity?
Facts such as legal status, personal situations, finances, and work create the applicant's profile. Actions performed by a person and the respect of the laws, whether inside or outside the Schengen zone, are also considered. The key to being eligible for a visa is to keep a clean profile.
Would you like to check your current status? We invite you to use the visa checker tool.
What types of Visas exist?
Three types of visas are available: single entry, double-entry, and multiple-entry. Schengen zone authorities are the only entity that can determine which type a person will obtain.
Average travelers can apply for a single or double entry visa. Being approved for a multiple entry visa requires obtaining and responsibly use a single or double entry visa first. The multiple-entry visa has three categories: 1 year, 3 years, or 5 years.
The top category of a multiple entry visa is a 5-year visa. Being eligible for it requires to get a 1-year multiple visa first.
When the Switzerland Schengen visa validity is determined, the 90/180 rule becomes a decisive factor.
What is thehe 90/180 rule?
For visitors, the 90/180 standard limits every stay inside the Schengen zone to a period of 90 days within a period of 180 days.
To receive more information about the Switzerland Schengen visa validity. Please contact iVisa.com's customer service anytime.
What is the Switzerland Schengen visa validity?
After a detailed analysis of the applicant's profile, the Switzerland Schengen visa validity will be determined by authorities. The validity period can be a few months and 1 single entry to 5 years and multiple entries.
To chat with a customer service representative from iVisa.com about the Switzerland Schengen visa validity, please click on the chat button at the lower right corner of the screen.
Information and/or documents to start your application
- Certification letter: You will need to provide a letter from your employer, an acceptance certification from the school you will be attending, or a family or friends letter inviting you to visit them.
- Passport Photo: Two copies of an updated photo. It must be a white background passport style picture.
- Flights reservation: You must show authorities you have defined a date to leave the Schengen zone.
- Method of Payment: Debit/Credit card, PayPal.
- Sufficient Funds support: Bank account statement to demonstrate you can cover your stay in Switzerland.
- Medical insurance: It is necessary to acquire medical insurance to cover any possible medical emergency during your stay in Switzerland.
- Passport and visa information: A copy of your valid passport (180 days remaining validity). The quality of this copy must allow easy reading of your personal data. At least 2 blank pages of your passport must remain. Attach a copy of your expired visa.
- Proof of accommodation: Hotel booking or the address of the places you will be staying during your visit.
What are the fees to apply for a Switzerland Schengen visa?
Process your application under one of the following options:
- Standard Processing Option: Pay a low fee, get a response within average times.
- Rush Processing option: Higher price. Faster processing/response.
- Super Rush Processing: Access the fastest processing/response by paying a high fee.
Is it safe to choose iVisa.com to process my application?
You can rely on iVisa.com to process your application and take good care of your information. Personal data is the most valuable asset for iVisa.com. The purpose of iVisa.com is to get users closer to their travel goals by providing high-quality service and top security systems.
Learn more about the results obtained with ivisa.com by checking our customer reviews.
Would you like to receive more information about the Switzerland Schengen visa validity?
iVisa.com grants free access to a large list of articles about the Switzerland Schengen visa. Through the live chat feature, our customer service agents are always ready to solve your queries. The professional services of iVisa.com are the best way to apply for the Switzerland Schengen visa. Start your application now.