According to Taiwan’s visa policy, the citizens of 6 countries have access to a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate. As a Burmese citizen, you are among them. Nevertheless, you are required to meet a few conditions to apply for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate, and if you do, iVisa can facilitate the online application process for you. Would you like to know more about the Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate and the online application process? Then you should read the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Under which conditions can I apply for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate?
The citizens of Myanmar who want to apply for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate must have one of these two documents:
- You hold a valid resident or permanent resident card, a valid entry visa (may be electronic visa) or a resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years before your arrival date in Taiwan issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, any of the EU and Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, or the United States, or
- You have an entry visa or resident card issued by Taiwan (ROC) in the last 10 years, and you have no record of any law violations in Taiwan. If you do not possess any of the two documents above, it does not matter you are from Myanmar. You cannot get a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate.
Which countries can travel Taiwan without a visa?
Since September 2022, Taiwan is opening to visa-free countries. Here's the list of nationalities that can travel to Taiwan without a visa:
Here's the complete updated list: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Eswatini, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Marshall Island, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Norway, Palau, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tuvalu, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Vatican City State, Belize, Nauru, St. Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, and the Grenadines.
Do I need to get a COVID-19 test to enter Taiwan?
- COVID testing requirements: There are no testing requirements.
Do I need to quarantine in Taiwan?
- Quarantine requirements: 3-day home quarantine
- Quarantine testing: Two rapid test kits will be given to travelers aged 2 and older.
What are the requirements for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate?
If your eligibility has been established, you can proceed to apply for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate. However, you need to meet a few other requirements so that you can enjoy a successful application process. They are as follows:
- Valid permanent passport – it must be valid for another 6 months from your date of arrival in Taiwan
- Onward/return flight or ferry ticket
- E-mail address
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How does the online application process work?
With iVisa, you will enjoy a short and straightforward online application process. Once you have the requirements in order, you can go ahead and fill in the online application form. It is a task that takes most people only a few minutes to complete. However, keep in mind that iVisa’s customer support service can be reached 24/7 and is free of charge in case you need assistance. The form you must fill in is split into two parts. The first one covers general information and processing time, while the second wants you to make the payment and to carefully review your form. A mistake such as a simple typo will render your Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate invalid, and you will have to apply for one again. When both parts are complete, you can submit your application, and that is it.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
The timeframe in which your Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate arrives depends on the choice you make. iVisa presents you with three options when it comes to the processing speed of your application:
- Standard processing – 24 hours
- Rush processing – 8 hours
- Super Rush processing – 4 hours
What is the cost of a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate?
You will not be charged for the Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate itself, since it is free. However, you have to pay for iVisa’s services, and the amount depends on how fast you want your application to be processed. Here are the prices for all three options:
- Standard - USD $29.49
- Rush - USD $51.99
- Super Rush - USD $83.99
What is the validity period of a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate?
The Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate is valid for 90 days after arrival.
How much time can I spend in Taiwan with a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate?
The Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate allows its holder to stay in Taiwan for no more than 14 days Per Entry.
How many entries does a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate cover?
The Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate is a Multiple Entry visa.