Vietnamese citizens are among the few nationalities that are given access to a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate. Keep in mind that if the eligibility requirements are not met, you will not be able to get one. However, if they are, you can apply for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate online, and iVisa’s job is to facilitate the online application process for you. Would you like to learn more about the Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate? Then the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below should give you some insight.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Under which conditions can I apply for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate?
Before you start the process of obtaining a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate, you have to make sure that you meet the eligibility requirement. Apart from the right nationality, you must also have one of these two documents:
- A valid resident or permanent resident card, a valid entry visa (may be electronic visa) or a resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years before your arrival date in Taiwan issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, any of the EU and Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, or the United States, or
- An entry visa or a resident card issued by Taiwan (ROC) in the last 10 years, and you have no record of any law violations in Taiwan.
What are the requirements for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate?
If you determine that you are indeed eligible for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate, you can move on. There are a few other things you will need for a successful application process, and they are as follows:
- Valid permanent passport – take a look at its expiration date to make sure that it keeps its validity for at least another 6 months after your date of arrival in Taiwan
- Onward/return flight or ferry ticket
- E-mail address
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How does the online application process work?
Applying online for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate is pretty simple. Once you notice that you meet all the requirements, you have to fill in an online application form. It consists of two steps. The first one asks for a wide range of information about yourself and your trip and for you to select a processing speed option for your application. Step number two wants you to carefully review your form and cover the payment. After you do that, you can submit the request, and iVisa takes it from there. You should not experience any difficulties during the online application process, but in the unlikely event that you do, keep in mind that iVisa provides 24/7 customer support. You can reach the service via online chat or phone, and it does not come with any additional charges.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends on the decision you make. When it comes to the processing speed of your application, iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – 5 days
- Rush processing – 3 days
- Super Rush processing – 24 hours
What is the cost of a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate?
The Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate itself is free. However, you will be charged for iVisa’s services, and the amount is determined by the timeframe in which you want your authorization to be issued. The faster the processing, the more you will be charged. Here are the prices for all three options:
- Standard - USD 20.00
- Rush - USD 35.00
- Super Rush - USD 70.00
What is the validity period of a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate?
The Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate keeps its validity for 90 days after arrival.
How much time can I spend in Taiwan with a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate?
With a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate, you are permitted to spend up to
14 days Per Entry in Taiwan.
How many entries does a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate cover?
The Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate is a Multiple Entry visa.