Thanks to iVisa, the citizens of 23 countries now have the possibility of getting a visa using an online process. The evisa is just as significant as the visa you receive from the Taiwanese embassy, but you do not have to go through just as much hassle. You can apply online, which means you do not have to go anywhere, and you can do it on your lunch break at work. iVisa expedites the process for its clients in exchange for a fee, but that is not very high. All you have to do is enter their website, and you will be told everything that you need to do in order to get things started. One of the first things you have to do is check if you have the required documents. First of all, you need a passport. You cannot travel anywhere without it anyway, so that requirement is obvious. Make sure that the passport is valid and will continue to be as such all the while you are in Taiwan. Also, you may be required to present other documents.
It is uncertain because the immigration officers will check the additional papers on a case by case basis, but if they decide that they need to check yours, it is best that you have them on you, is it not? So here is what you may or may not be asked to submit:
• Proof of accommodation – many people feel baffled by this requirement because they think they need something complicated to acquire. However, proof of accommodation is easy to obtain. All you need is a hotel confirmation or a simple letter from the person who is going to host you while you are in Taiwan.
• Return flight – the Taiwan evisa will allow you to stay in Taiwan for 30 days. Sometimes, in order to make sure that you are not going to extend that period, the immigration officers will ask to see a return flight ticket. It works like a warranty that you are using the visa for the purposes for which you requested it (visiting relatives, attending a sporting event or a conference, business purposes, tourism.)
• Bank statement – Taiwan is not the only country in the world that requires a means of subsistence upon entry. Many countries are known to have this practice, and it is supposed to reassure the immigration officers that you are not in their country for illegal work or other such reasons.
• Invitation letter – usually, people who travel for business purposes receive an invitation letter from the foreign company. That is what this is all about.
• Copies of your passport’s main page
• A digital photo of yourself – as for the Taiwan visa photo size, you should know that you need a passport sized photo. It is preferable that it is as recent as possible.
As you can see, you do not need much in order to get the process started. Once you check this off your list, you can go ahead and fill in the application. The visa will arrive in the timeframe you choose via email in PDF format, and you need to print it when you travel to Taiwan. It cannot get any simpler than that.