Learn More: eVisa
This content was updated in June 2022
Taiwan is one of the most developed countries in Asia, and millions of tourists go there every year. The reasons vary, but if you want excitement and tasty food, Taiwan is one of the best places to be. The landmarks are fascinating, you can get around quite easily, and you can have fun 24/7 if you want. Most tourists limit themselves to the capital city, Taipei. Still, you should know that Taiwan has many other locations that are hard to forget. Before packing your bags and leaving for Taiwan, it is recommended that you do a little research on the requirements the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has placed on foreign nationals who intend to enter Taiwan.
Fortunately, you can start your Taiwan e-Visa application at iVisa.com. The process is pretty easy and won't take you much time. When filling out your e-Visa application, you'll have the chance to add the Health Declaration, so you can obtain both documents simultaneously while paying on the spot with a credit or debit card.
What is the Taiwan e Visa?
A Taiwan e Visa is an official document issued electronically by ROC (Republic of China) overseas missions that allows foreign nationals to enter and travel to Taiwan. The e-Visa allows foreign nationals to enter the ROC for tourism and business purposes. If you wish to visit for any other purpose you must obtain the relevant visa from the Taiwanese Authorities.
When an e-visa application has been approved, applicants are required to present the printout of the e-visa at the immigration checkpoint for verification upon arrival in Taiwan.
When you apply for your e-Visa with iVisa.com, you'll have the opportunity to add the Taiwan Health Declaration. This is a required document for all travelers to Taiwan.
Who is eligible for a Taiwan e-Visa?
As well as the nationalities that are always eligible to apply for the Taiwan eVisa, travelers from any country or nationality are eligible for a Taiwan Visa if they obtain an e-code from their host organizations in Taiwan prior to applying for an e visa. To obtain the e-code, applicants must be invited to attend international conferences or activities in Taiwan – organized, co-organized, or sponsored by central government agencies or certain non-governmental organizations.
- If you are not from one of the following countries, you are required to obtain an e-code from your host organization in Taiwan: Bahrain, Burkina Faso, Colombia, Dominica, Ecuador, Eswatini, Kiribati, Kuwait, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Montenegro, Oman, Palau, Panama, Peru, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Solomon Islands, Swaziland, Turkey, and United Arab Emirates.
All travelers need the Taiwan Health Declaration to enter Taiwan. You can add it to your order when applying for the e-Visa.
You can use our Visa Checker Tool on the homepage to determine if you are among the foreign nationals eligible to apply for a Taiwan e-Visa and enter the country with no problem.
The Health Declaration, on the other hand, is required for every traveler who wishes to enter Taiwan.
How long is the Taiwan Visa valid for?
The Taiwan Visa for foreign nationals is valid for 90 days after being issued. This means you must enter Taiwan within this period. In addition, it is a single entry visa and allows for a maximum stay of 30 days in total.
What are the Taiwan visa requirements and policies for foreign nationals?
- A passport issued by an eligible country and valid for at least six (6) months from the date on which you intend to enter Taiwan.
- A credit/debit card
- Recent passport photo.
- Email address.
The following is an image of countries that can enter Taiwan with a visa and visa policies according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
If I'm transiting through Taiwan, do I need the Taiwan e Visa for foreign nationals?
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, you do not need to apply for a Taiwan visa online if you do not plan on leaving the international transit area of the airport in Taiwan. However, you will need a Health Declaration Form.
Even though you won't leave the transit zone, we recommend you acquire this health document. It is essential in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
How do I apply for the Taiwan Visa online?
iVisa.com makes it easy for foreign nationals to submit the Taiwan visa application form. You'll only need to follow these steps to get your Taiwan visa:
- Step 1: Provide basic information about yourself and your trip by answering a couple of questions. Make sure you are selecting the correct document you wish to apply for.
- Step 2: Once you've made sure you have all the necessary documents and delivered the correct information, choose the processing times that best suit you so you can make the online payment of your Taiwan visa for foreign nationals using a credit or debit card.
- Step 3: Finally, add any documents required, and click 'Submit.'
You will receive an email with a PDF confirmation of the final document and a QR code attached. Once you arrive in Taiwan, you just need to show it with the other required documents at the airport, and you can begin your journey.
We will be in touch if we need any additional information.
What are the costs and processing times of the Taiwan visa?
The cost to obtain your Taiwan visa application will depend on the processing time you choose and how fast you require your Taiwan visa. By applying with iVisa.com and paying with your credit or debit card, you can select any of the three processing options below:
- Standard Processing Time: 7 Business Days - USD 79.00.
- Rush Processing Time: 5 Business Days - USD 109.00.
- Super Rush Processing Time: 3 Business Days - USD 129.00.
If I travel with children, will they also need the Taiwan Visa and Health Declaration?
As stated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, all travelers, regardless of age and nationality, must apply for a Health Declaration Form and foreign nationals for a Taiwan visa prior to arrival in Taiwan. Remember that Taiwan authorities state that the second one does not replace a visa, so if you or anyone you are traveling with requires a visa to enter Taiwan, be sure to get one.
For more clarity regarding this matter, we encourage you to contact the TaiwanBureau of Consular Affairs.
View a Taiwan e Visa sample emitted by the Bureau of Consular Affairs
To start your process, fill out your Taiwan visa application.
Taiwan COVID-19 Requirements
Do I need to get a COVID-19 test to enter Taiwan?
- COVID test prior to arrival: PCR within 48 hours
- COVID test exemptions: R.O.C. nationals, ARC holders, transit passengers.
- COVID test on arrival: All travelers will be PCR tested on arrival at the airport
- COVID test during quarantine: Check the quarantine FAQ for further details
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Taiwan?
No, according to the Bureau of Consular Affairs, you don't. COVID vaccination passports or certificates are not mandatory to enter Taiwan. Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Taiwan travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
Do I need to quarantine in Taiwan?
- Quarantine requirements: 3-day home quarantine
- Quarantine testing: Two rapid test kits will be given to travelers aged 2 and older.
What is the Taiwan Health Declaration?
The Health Declaration is a new requirement that the Taiwanese authorities have included in order to stop the spread of COVID-19. It is mandatory to present this document upon arrival in this country. You can process your Health Declaration with us here.
What else should I keep in mind before traveling to Taiwan?
The Taiwan e-Visa cannot be extended or converted to any other type of visa. Taiwan e-Visa holders can enter Taiwan on any date within the validity period. The traveler is required to present a paper copy of the e-Visa at the immigration checkpoint for verification by the National Immigration Agency upon arrival in Taiwan. e-Visas are granted for tourism and business purposes, as well as for visiting relatives and attending international conferences or sporting events in Taiwan.
Where can I contact you?
You can always reach out to our outstanding customer support team. They are available to answer your questions 24/7 about this or any other travel documents or contact them via email at [email protected].
Required Documents to Apply
Your passport with validity of at least six (6) months from the date of intended entry into Taiwan.
A credit/debit card
The validity of the Taiwan e-Visa is 30 days after today.
The e-Visa is a Single Entry visa and the maximum duration of stay in Taiwan is 30 days in Total.
The Taiwan e-Visa cannot be extended or converted to any other type of visa.
Taiwan e-Visa holders can enter Taiwan on any date within the period of validity.
e-Visa applicants must possess an ordinary, official or diplomatic passport with validity of at least six months from the date of intended entry into Taiwan.
The traveler is required to present a paper copy of the e-Visa at the immigration checkpoint for verification by the National Immigration Agency upon arrival in Taiwan.
e-Visas are granted for tourism and business purposes, as well as for visiting relatives and attending international conferences or sporting events in Taiwan.
If you are not from one of the following countries, you are required to obtain an e-code from your host organization in Taiwan: Bahrain, Burkina Faso, Colombia, Dominica, Ecuador, eSwatini, Kiribati, Kuwait, Marshall Islands,Mauritius, Montenegro, Oman, Palau, Panama, Peru, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Solomon Islands, Swaziland, Turkey, and United Arab Emirates.
All travelers must present the Health Declaration on arrival.
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Can I apply for a Taiwan e-Visa upon entry?
How long does it take to apply for this Taiwan eVisa?
This form is very simple and completing it will only take 15 minutes of your valuable time. Don’t forget that if you have any questions while completing this form, you can contact our customer service team at any time.
If you choose to get the Health Declaration in addition to the Taiwan e-Visa, it won't take more than a few minutes to complete the application.
If my itinerary changes, can I apply to change the date on my e-Visa?
If I have the Taiwan Health Declaration, do I still need a visa?
Is the Health Declaration the same as the e-visa?
Yellow fever vaccination requirements to travel to Taiwan
A yellow fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
More information in the following link
Are there restrictions to those born or residing in mainland China?
Learn more about Taiwan Tourism
Where can I read more?
- Taiwan COVID Test Requirements
- Taiwan COVID restrictions
- Vaccination Passport Taiwan: What You Should Consider
- Taiwan Vaccination Requirements: Do I need them?
- How Can Citizens of Hong Kong Enter Taiwan During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of China Enter Taiwan During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of Japan Enter Taiwan During Coronavirus?
- Who Must Fill Out Taiwan Health Declaration (COVID-19)?
- Taiwan Self-Health Management Requirement for Foreign Travelers
- Taiwan 14 Day Home Quarantine Requirement for Inbound Travelers
- Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate for the citizens of Vietnam
- Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate for the citizens of Myanmar
- Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate for the citizens of Laos
- Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate for the citizens of Indonesia
- Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate for the citizens of India
- PCR Testing Taipei, Taiwan
- TAIWAN VISA FOR CAMBODIAN
- Taiwan Visa length: How long can I stay in Taiwan?
- Taiwan Visa Free Countries: Do I need a visa to Taiwan?
- Taiwan Visa UAE: Check all about it
- Taiwan visa for Qataris
- Taiwan visa for Mauritian
- Taiwan visa for Bahraini
- Taiwan visa requirements
- Taiwan visa for Turkish
- Taiwan Visa Policy: The basics
- How Can Travelers Obtain Taiwan Visa Extension?
- Taiwan visa for Dominican
- Taiwan visa for Solomon Islander
- TAIWAN VISA FOR SAUDI ARABIANS
- How to Get a Taiwan Visa Application
- TAIWAN VISA FOR LAOS
- Taiwan visa fee
- TAIWAN VISA FOR BHUTANESE
- TAIWAN VISA FOR BANGLADESHI
- TAIWAN VISA FOR NEPALESE
- TAIWAN VISA FOR PAKISTANI CITIZENS
- TAIWAN VISA FOR MYANMAR CITIZEN
- Taiwan visa for Panamanian
- TAIWAN VISA FOR INDONESIANS
- TAIWAN VISA FOR COLOMBIANS
- Taiwan visa for Sri Lankan
- Taiwan visa for Vietnamese
- Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate processing time
- Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate requirements
- Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate fee
- Taiwan visa for Filipino Citizens
- The process of obtaining a Taiwan evisa
- How to obtain a Taiwan evisa
- Taiwan visa processing time