Most travelers will need to obtain a visa to enter Tajikistan or the GBAO region unless you are an exempt foreign national. If you are traveling to Tajikistan as a citizen of Australia, you’ll have to get a visa, and the quickest way to get one for official entry is to apply for your visa online.
By applying online, you’ll skip the long, slow lines at your regional consulate or embassy. e-Visas are the official documents that will grant you entrance into Tajikistan at any border point or through customs at the airport.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Tajikistan Visa
Do I need a separate e-Visa to enter the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region (GBAO)?
How long will it take to process my online e-Visa application for Tajikistan?
As an Australian national, we have three processing times to choose from for your convenience:
- Standard Processing - This speed will take 6 Business Days to process.
- Rush Processing - This speed will take 4 Business Days to process.
- Super Rush Processing - This speed will take 2 Business Days to process.
What is the cost of a Tajikistan e-Visa?
Along with a small service fee, your efficient e-Visa to Tajikistan will cost differently depending on the processing speed.
- Standard Processing - This speed will cost USD 30.00.
- Rush Processing - This speed will cost USD 30.00.
- Super Rush Processing - This speed will cost USD 30.00.
NOTE: Add 20 USD to the normal e-Visa cost to calculate the cost of the e-Visa GBAO.
How many times can I enter Tajikistan with my visa?
Your eVisa is good for Single Entry.
When will my Tajikistan e-Visa expire?
Your e-Visa expires 90 days after issued, so you must use your visa 90 days after issued. Your Tajikistan e-Visa cannot be extended.
How long can I stay in Tajikistan as an Australian citizen?
As an Australian citizen, you can stay in Tajikistan up to 60 days in Total with a visa.
What documents do I need to apply and to enter Tajikistan?
To successfully fill out your online e-Visa application, you’ll want to have the following documents ready to go:
- Valid Passport - Your passport must be valid for up to 6 months after the date you plan to leave Tajikistan.
- Passport Scan - So we can process your application, we have to verify your information by looking at a scan of your passport bio page.
- Hotel/Lodging Address - Tajikistan officials want to know that you have a proper place to stay while visiting the country.
- Payment Method - To finish your application, you can pay via a credit or debit card, or you can use your PayPal account.
Online e-Visa for Tajikistan for Australia Passport Holders
Don’t wait at a local consulate any more for your travel needs. Apply for your Tajikistan e-Visa now, and spend your time enjoying the country.
If you have further questions, click on the online chat bubble in the lower-right hand corner. We are available 24/7 to answer your travel questions.