Many leisure travelers must get a visa to land into Tajikistan or the GBAO region unless you are from a visa-exempt nation. If you go to Tajikistan as a national from Japan, you will have to get a visa, and the easiest and quickest way to get a visa for official entry is to apply for a visa online.
When you choose to apply online, you’ll have to wait no more for your local consulate or embassy for weeks to process. The new e-Visa process provides official visas that will be sure you gain entry to Tajikistan at all border points or glide through immigration at the airport.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Tajikistan Visa
Do I need a different e-Visa to enter the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region (GBAO)?
How long will it take to process my online e-Visa application for Tajikistan?
As an Japanese citizen, we provide you with a few different processing speeds to decide from for your convenience:
- Standard Processing - This speed will take 6 Business Days to process.
- Rush Processing - This speed will take 4 Business Days to process.
- Super Rush Processing - This speed will take 2 Business Days to process.
What is the cost of a Tajikistan e-Visa?
Your e-Visa to Tajikistan will vary in cost depending on the processing speed you choose.
- Standard Processing - This speed will cost USD 52.00.
- Rush Processing - This speed will cost USD 52.00.
- Super Rush Processing - This speed will cost USD 52.00.
NOTE: Add 20 USD to the standard e-Visa cost to calculate the cost of the e-Visa GBAO.
How many times can I enter Tajikistan with my visa?
Your eVisa is good for Single Entry.
When will my Tajikistan e-Visa expire?
Your e-Visa expires 90 days after issued, so you must use your visa 90 days after issued. Your Tajikistan e-Visa cannot be extended.
How long can I stay in Tajikistan as an Japanese citizen?
As an Japanese citizen, you can stay in Tajikistan up to 45 days in Total with a visa.
What documents do I need to apply and to enter Tajikistan?
To easily complete your online e-Visa application, it will be faster to have the following documents by your side to view or upload when needed:
- Valid Passport - Your passport needs to be good for up to 6 months after your visa departure date.
- Passport Scan - So we can securely process your application, we have to verify your information by looking at a scan of your passport bio page.
- Hotel Address - Tajikistan immigration must verify that you have a physical place to stay while visiting the country, such as a hotel reservation confirmation.
- Payment - To process your visa application, you may pay via a credit or debit card, or you may use your PayPal account.
Online e-Visa for Tajikistan for Japan Passport Holders
Don’t waste time at an embassy or consulate for your tourist visa needs. Get your Tajikistan e-Visa now, and spend more time planning a great trip.
If you have further questions, click on the online chat bubble in the lower-right hand corner. We are available 24/7 to answer your visa queries.