Many leisure and business travelers must get a visa to enter Tajikistan or the GBAO region unless you are a citizen of a visa-exempt country. If you go to Tajikistan as a national from Japan, you will have to acquire a visa, and the easiest and quickest way to get a visa for official entry is to apply for a visa online.
When you choose to apply online, you’ll have to wait no more for your local consulate or embassy for weeks to process. The new e-Visa process provides official visas that will be sure you gain entry to Tajikistan at all border points and have the ability to pass through immigration customs once you land.
The Tajikistan Visa | Questions and Answers for Japanese Citizens
Do I have to get a separate e-Visa for the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region (GBAO)?
Yes. You will be required to get a distinct visa online known as the e-Visa GBAO. If you are looking to only go to Tajikistan and won’t be going to the GBAO area, simply get the regular Tajikistan e-Visa.
How many entries are allowed into Tajikistan with the e-Visa?
Your e-Visa is good for Single Entry.
How much is a Tajikistan e-Visa?
Your e-Visa to Tajikistan will vary in cost depending on the processing speed you choose.
- Standard Processing - This speed will cost USD 50.00.
- Rush Processing - This speed will cost USD 30.00.
- Super Rush Processing - This speed will cost USD 100.00.
NOTE: Add 20 USD to the standard e-Visa cost to calculate the cost of the e-Visa GBAO.
What is the expiration date for the Tajikistan e-Visa?
Your e-Visa expires 90 days after issued, so you must use your visa 90 days after issued. Your Tajikistan e-Visa cannot be extended.
What are the processing times for a Tajikistan e-Visa application through the iVisa website?
During checkout, you may choose between three processing speeds depending on how fast you need your application processed:
- Standard Processing - This speed will take 6 Business Days to process.
- Rush Processing - This speed will take 4 Business Days to process.
- Super Rush Processing - This speed will take 2 Business Days to process.
All Japanese citizens have these options to choose from.
How long can I stay in Tajikistan as a Japanese citizen?
As a Japanese citizen, you can stay in Tajikistan up to 60 days in Total with a visa.
What documents do I need to apply and to enter Tajikistan?
To easily complete your online e-Visa application, it will be faster to have the following documents by your side to view or upload when needed:
- Valid Passport - Your passport needs to be valid for up to 6 months after your visa departure date.
- Hotel Address - Tajikistan immigration must verify that you have a physical place to stay while visiting or doing business in the country, such as a hotel reservation confirmation.
- Payment - To process your visa application, you may pay via a credit or debit card, or you may use your PayPal account.
- Passport Scan - In order to safely process your visa application, we will need to verify your citizenship information by reviewing an uploaded scan of your passport bio page.
Online e-Visa for Tajikistan for Japan Passport Holders
Don’t waste time at an embassy or consulate for your tourist and business visa needs. Get your Tajikistan e-Visa now, and spend more time planning a great trip.
If you have further questions, click on the online chat feature in the bottom-right corner of your screen. We are available 24/7 to answer your visa queries.