If you go to Tajikistan and possess a US Green Card but hold only a foreign passport, it is mandatory that you show officials your foreign passport and a proper Tajikistan visa. The easiest way to obtain a visa to travel into Tajikistan is to apply for a visa online.
You do not need to get a visa as a US Green Card holder to travel to Tajikistan if you emigrate from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine, or Uzbekistan.
By applying online, you do not have to wait for your regional consulate or embassy to process your paperwork. The e-Visa program allows US Green Card holders to purchase official digital visas efficiently, and all e-Visas will be valid for access to Tajikistan at all points of entry at land borders and for getting through immigration customs at the airport.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Tajikistan Visa
Do I need a different e-Visa to enter the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region (GBAO)?
Yes. You have the option to get a different visa online called the e-Visa GBAO. Like most tourists, if you only need to enter Tajikistan regularly and will not need to go into the specific GBAO region, you can get the regular Tajikistan e-Visa.
How long will it take to process my online e-Visa application for Tajikistan?
For US Green Card holders, we offer three processing speeds depending on your preferred waiting time:
- Standard Processing - This speed will take 6 days to process.
- Rush Processing - This speed will take 4 days to process.
- Super Rush Processing - This speed will take 48 hours to process.
What is the cost of a Tajikistan e-Visa?
Your e-Visa to Tajikistan cost will be different based on the processing time you settle on.
- Standard Processing - This speed will cost USD 52.00.
- Rush Processing - This speed will cost USD 52.00.
- Super Rush Processing - This speed will cost USD 52.00.
NOTE: Add 20 USD to the standard e-Visa cost to calculate the cost of the e-Visa GBAO.
How many times can I enter Tajikistan with my visa?
Your e-Visa will be good for Single Entry.
When will my Tajikistan e-Visa expire?
Your e-Visa will expire 90 days after issued, so you must use your visa 90 days after issued. Your Tajikistan e-Visa cannot be extended.
How long can I stay in Tajikistan as a US Green Card holder?
As a US Green Card holder, you are allowed to take a vacation to Tajikistan, at maximum, for 45 days Total with your e-Visa.
What documents do I need to apply and to enter Tajikistan?
To breeze through your online e-Visa application efficiently, it will be fast work if you have the required documents ready to type out or upload when prompted:
- Valid Passport - Your government-issued passport must expire no sooner than 6 months after your Tajikistan visa expiration date.
- US Green Card - You will need this along with your passport to get through security. You will also need it to reenter the United States.
- Passport Scan - We always securely process your application. So, we must verify your information securely by reviewing a scan of your foreign passport bio page.
- Hotel Address - Tajikistan border officials will review with you that you are staying at a real place while touring in their country. A hotel reservation confirmation page should do the job.
- Payment - To finalize the e-Visa application process, you will be able to choose to settle with a credit card, debit card, or your digital PayPal account.
Online e-Visa for Tajikistan for US Green Card Holders
For your leisure travel visa, you can get a Tajikistan e-Visa now online right from your smartphone, tablet or computer. Think of the time you will have saved while you continue planning a unique trip.
Do you have more questions? Click on the online chat bubble in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. We are available 24/7 to answer your visa questions.