Most travelers will need to obtain a visa to enter Tajikistan or the GBAO region unless you are an exempt foreign national. If you are traveling to Tajikistan as a citizen of Australia, for example, you’ll have to get a visa, and the quickest way to get one for official entry is to apply for your visa online.
If you are rejected from obtaining a visa, you may want to try and get an Invitation Letter or Letter of Invitation online so you can have a more personal connection in Tajikistan. Some countries also have a harder time getting visas for their citizens who want to travel to Tajikistan, so you may need a letter of invitation to help process your visa.
Once you obtain your letter, you will still have to get a visa.
By applying online, you’ll skip the long, slow lines at your regional consulate or embassy. e-Visas are the official documents that will grant you entrance into Tajikistan at any border point or through customs at the airport.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Tajikistan Visa
Do I need a separate e-Visa to enter the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region (GBAO)?
How long will it take to process my online e-Visa application for Tajikistan?
For example, as an Australian national, we have three processing times to choose from for your convenience:
- Standard Processing - This speed will take 6 days to process.
- Rush Processing - This speed will take 4 days to process.
- Super Rush Processing - This speed will take 48 hours to process.
What is the cost of a Tajikistan e-Visa?
Along with a small service fee, your efficient e-Visa to Tajikistan will cost differently depending on the processing speed.
- Standard Processing - This speed will cost USD 52.00.
- Rush Processing - This speed will cost USD 52.00.
- Super Rush Processing - This speed will cost USD 52.00.
NOTE: Add 20 USD to the normal e-Visa cost to calculate the cost of the e-Visa GBAO.
How many times can I enter Tajikistan with my visa?
Your eVisa is good for Single Entry.
When will my Tajikistan e-Visa expire?
Your e-Visa expires 90 days after issued, so you must use your visa 90 days after issued. Your Tajikistan e-Visa cannot be extended.
How long can I stay in Tajikistan?
You can stay in Tajikistan up to 45 days Total with a visa.
What documents do I need to apply and to enter Tajikistan?
To successfully fill out your online e-Visa application, you’ll want to have the following documents ready to go:
- Valid Passport - Your passport must be valid for up to 6 months after the date you plan to leave Tajikistan.
- Passport Scan - So we can process your application, we have to verify your information by looking at a scan of your passport bio page.
- Hotel/Lodging Address - Tajikistan officials want to know that you have a proper place to stay while visiting the country.
- Payment Method - To finish your application, you can pay via a credit or debit card, or you can use your PayPal account.
Online e-Visa for Tajikistan for Passport Holders
Don’t wait at a local consulate any more for your travel needs. Apply for your Tajikistan e-Visa now, and spend your time enjoying the country.
If you have further questions, click on the online chat bubble in the lower-right hand corner. We are available 24/7 to answer your travel questions.