Tanzania began offering e-Visas in 2018, and since then, iVisa became one of the companies in charge of offering this document. The service we provide in iVisa is fast and effortless, and it is specially designed to travelers who want to save money and time.
Travelers from Nepal who need to visit Tanzania should get their visas at least one week before the arrival date. This is important because it allows enough time for processing. You should also know that If you're a Nepali Citizen, you must choose from single-entry visas or multiple-entry visas.
You can learn more about the Tanzanian eVisa application by reading the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Tanzania Visa
Do I have to apply for a Tanzanian eVisa if I'm from Nepal?
Yes, you need to apply for a Tanzanian eVisa if you're from Nepal. If you opt for this type of visa, you won't have to go to the embassy.
Do I need to have a passport to enter Tanzania?
Yes, that's correct. Every Nepali traveling to Tanzania needs to have a passport that keeps its validity for a minimum of six months from the departure date from Tanzania to apply for a Tourist e-Visa.
How long can I stay in Tanzania with an eVisa?
You can stay in Tanzania 90 days Per Entry. A multiple-entry visa is valid for a maximum of 1 year from arrival, but you must leave Tanzania at least once every 90 days and then re-enter. You cannot stay every single day of an entire year in Tanzania without leaving.
How many types of Tanzanian eVisas are there?
There are only two types:
What documents do I need to apply for a visa online?
If you're a Nepali Citizen and you wish to visit Tanzania, you can apply with iVisa by filling in an easy online form. To save time, you must have the following documents when you apply for the Tourist or Volunteer e-Visa:
- Valid Passport - Your passport must have at least six months of validity from the final day you will be traveling to Tanzania.
- Flight Plans - You must show your flight tickets to the Tanzanian Immigration Officials upon arrival. These tickets must have dates allowed within the 90 days Per Entry period.
- Passport Scan - You will have to scan and upload a copy of your passport bio page for the e-Visa application, and you'll have to carry two recent passport photos with you once you enter Tanzania.
- Email Address - After your application is processed, your Tourist e-Visa will be sent via email.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination - If you are from a country with a risk for yellow fever virus transmission, you will have to present the vaccination certificate to the Immigration Officer you speak to in Tanzania.
- Payment Method - We accept credit and debit cards like Visa and American Express. We also accept PayPal as another payment method.
How long is my Tourist e-Visa valid for?
From the application date, your e-Visa will be valid for 1 year after arrival.
What are the prices and the processing times for the visa application?
You can obtain your e-Visa quickly, instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application. All you have to do is to apply for an e-Visa from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to arrive via e-mail in a few days. There are multiple processing times and rates you can choose from. These include:
- Standard processing - Your e-Visa will arrive via email within 9 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 7 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 5 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with an eVisa?
Your Tourist e-Visa allows Multiple Entry.
How can I apply?
Once you get the documents required, you can continue and fill in the online form. This is not a difficult task at all, but if you need extra help with these steps, iVisa provides an excellent support service that you can contact anytime.
The application form has three steps.
In the first step you must give your personal information. You need to write your name, address, date of birth, passport info, and so on.
In the second step you need to make the payment and you must review your online form. Be very careful when you send the application, it shouldn't contain any mistake. Make sure that the information you give is 100% accurate, and double-check the spelling.
In the last step you must upload other documents if necessary. iVisa lets you know exactly what you have to upload. Once you finish with it, you hit the submit button and that's it!
If you're ready to start, then click here and fill in your information to start your journey!
How does the Tanzanian Tourist eVisa look like?
Where can I read more?
iVisa understands that travelers need a fast, secure online visa application process. Join the thousands of satisfied iVisa clients we’ve worked with. We hope you enjoy your stay in Tanzania.