Austrian citizens traveling to Tanzania will need to obtain a visa online at least a week or two before heading to Tanzania. Austrians can decide from single-entry visas or multiple-entry visas.
Tanzania started issuing e-Visas in November of 2018. With this new process, travelers like yourself can save money and effort.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Tanzania Visa
Do I need a valid passport to enter Tanzania?
Yes. Each Austrian citizen must have an Austrian passport that does not expire for a minimum of six months from the day you will depart from Tanzania to apply for a Tourist e-Visa.
How long can I stay in Tanzania with a visa?
Whether you are needing a Tourist e-Visa or a multiple-entry visa, the maximum allowed stay for Austrians is 90 days Per Entry. A multiple-entry visa is good for a maximum of 1 year from arrival, but you must leave Tanzania at least once every 90 days and then re-enter. This means you shall not stay every single day of an entire year in Tanzania without leaving.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a visa?
Your Tourist e-Visa allows Multiple Entry.
What is the cost and processing time of a visa application?
You can get an e-Visa pretty fast. Instead of waiting and waiting at your local embassy or consulate, apply for an e-Visa right now from your computer or phone. We have three separate processing times and rates for Austrian nationals to choose from. Those three options are:
- Standard processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 9 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 7 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 5 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
What documents do I need to apply for a visa online?
Austrian citizens heading to Tanzania can apply with us easily. Have these documents and information available when you apply for an online Tourist e-Visa to Tanzania:
- Valid Passport - Your Austrian passport must have a minimum of six months validity from your last day in Tanzania or Zanzibar Island.
- Flight Plans - You have to show to Tanzanian Immigration Officials upon arrival that you have a ticket of departure that is within the 90 days Per Entry you are allowed to stay in the country.
- Passport Scan - You must upload a copy of your passport bio page for the e-Visa application, and you will need to carry two recent passport photos with you to enter Tanzania.
- Email Address - After we process your application, your Tourist e-Visa will be sent to a valid email address that you use on your online visa application.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination - If you are from or passing through a country with a risk for yellow fever virus transmission, you will need to present the vaccination certificate to the Immigration Officer you speak to in Tanzania.
- Payment Method - We accept many types of credit and debit cards like Visa and American Express. We also allow PayPal as an alternate method of payment.
How long is my Tourist e-Visa valid for?
From the date of your application, your e-Visa will be valid for 1 year after arrival.
Fast and Secure Tanzania Visas for Austria Nationals
We know you are searching for a fast, secure online e-Visa application process. So join the multitude of successful and happy iVisa clients we have had the privilege to serve. Safe travels and have an amazing trip to Tanzania.