Are you from Burundi and would like to travel to Tanzania? If so, you will need to apply for a visa before you get to the Tanzanian airport. The type of visa Burundi citizens will need to travel to Tanzania comes in two types: a single-entry or multiple entry.
Since November of 2018, Tanzania has been issuing e-Visas to Burundi citizens so they can experience all that the country has to offer.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Tanzania Visa
Do I need a valid passport to enter Tanzania?
All Burundi travelers must have a passport which will not expire for at least six months from the time they plan to leave Tanzania to get their Tourist e-Visa.
How long can I stay in Tanzania with a visa?
Regardless of the visa type travelers from Burundi choose, the maximum stay is 90 days Per Entry. Your multiple-entry visa is valid for up to 1 year from arrival, but you should make sure to leave intermittently at least every 90 days during your stay in Tanzania.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a visa?
The Tourist e-Visa will allow you Multiple Entry.
What is the cost and processing time of a visa application?
iVisa knows that you’ll need your e-Visa to arrive as quickly as possible, so you don’t need to go to the embassy or consulate and can quickly and easily get an e-Visa. We offer three processing times and rates to our travelers from Burundi. They include:
- Standard processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 9 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00. Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 9 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00. Super Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 9 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
What documents do I need to apply for a visa online?
The application process for our guests from Burundi is fast and simple. Please ensure to have these documents ready when you apply for your Tourist e-Visa online:
- Valid Passport - Your valid Burundi passport needs to be valid for at least six months from the date of departure from Tanzania.
- Flight Itinerary - Please be aware that you must be able to prove you will be leaving Tanzania by having a ticket of departure that falls within the 90 days Per Entry you are allowed in the country.
- Passport Scan - You will be required to upload one for your e-Visa application, and you will also need two recent passport photos to enter Tanzania.
- Email Address - Once your Tourist e-Visa has been processed, it will be sent to the valid email address you provide.
- Yellow Fever Certificate - If you are from or traveling through a country with a risk for yellow fever virus transmission, be aware that you will need to present this to the Immigration Officer when you arrive in Tanzania.
- Payment Method - We accept many payment methods, including Visa, American Express and PayPal.
How long is my Tourist e-Visa valid for?
From the date of your application, your e-Visa will be valid for 1 year after arrival.
Fast and Secure Tanzania Visa Application for Citizens of Burundi
In today’s fast-paced world, iVisa knows that you want a simple, fast and safe visa application process that gives you the opportunity to visit Tanzania without having to worry about the details. We hope you enjoy your trip to Tanzania, and we thank you for choosing iVisa!